First I want to thank all of you that sent me comments welcoming to the Active Rain Community. I look forward to getting acquainted as time progresses.
Well this is part Two of my story with a Builder in the Port Orange area. I pick up where we had 2 weeks before closing. The Lender which the buyer had chosen was now doing all the work needed so we can close on time. I did my duty to follow up every other day to see if he needed anything and to make sure that we are going to close on time.
I was being assured that we had no problems and we were closing
on Time. 2 days before closing I get a call from the lender that we need a Elevation certificate that is required by the underwriter. We of course were not provided one because part of the contract stated that the subdivision was not in a flood zone. I make phone calls to everyone in the Builders' Corporate office but of course all I get is voice mails. I leave messages and wait for someone to call me back.
It is now the end of the day and I get a call from the Office saying that I can get a copy of the elevation and will be faxed to me a.s.a.p. I call the lender and let them know that I will fax the certificate.
The next day I am now waiting for the HUD statement but I am told it will not be ready till the end of the day. Closing day morning HUD statement arrives and there are errors on the HUD that the Builder should have been charged. I make the phone calls and I am told there cannot be any changes or the closing will not place TODAY.
The buyer is now upset because her closing costs are now double and she has to close today because she is packed and ready to move.
We go ahead and close that day and had to travel 45 miles to their Title Co. office. Now we have the task of getting reimbursed for the fees that should not have been charged to the buyer.
Needless to say we closed on time but dealing with the builder was quite a learning experience.