Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Leawood, KS Certified Foreclosure Resource Mark Gipple shares the top tips for home buyers looking to buy a foreclosure.
1. Be prepared for competition. Experts reports that foreclosures sold for an average of 27% below non-foreclosed property in 2011. Naturally, most Leawood home buyers are looking to get the biggest bang for their buck, and foreclosures are a popular option. Buyers in today's market are also competing with investors who are looking to flip properties or rent them out. So far this year in Leawood, the foreclosures that are priced the most aggressively and are in the best condition are under contract within the first 14 days on market, and often there are multiple buyer bids on a home.
2. Have your financing in order before you begin your home search. Once you locate the Leawood home you are interested in buying, it is likely too late to get your financing in place. You can't afford to waste time because competition is so fierce when buying a Leawood foreclosure. If you need a loan, meet with a reputable lender and get full loan approval- not just preapproval based on an online application, but submit your documents and send it through underwriting. If you are a cash buyer, have a letter of proof of funds available on a few hour's notice. These steps can give you an edge over other buyers in a multiple bid situation.
3. Make sure you factor in repair costs. Foreclosures are sold in AS-IS condition. Keep in mind that a $200,000 house with $50,000 in needed repairs is the same overall cost as a $250,000 move-in ready home... and a move-in ready home may be a lot less headache.
4. Have a professional home inspection. I highly recommend performing a thorough home inspection so you know what you are getting yourself into when buying a foreclosure. If you suspect there are problems with a certain area of the home, for instance an old HVAC unit, have a licensed professional in that trade do a specific inspection on that area. Your inspection period is an excellent time to have skilled professionals give estimates for repair too. When buying a foreclosure, it is critical that you comply with your inspection time frames, which generally give you 7-10 days after an accepted contract to conduct all inspections. This may be your only opportunity to get out of the purchase contract if you find out the condition of the foreclosed home in Leawood is worse than you initially thought.
5. Just because it's a foreclosure doesn't necessarily mean it's a deal. There are many factors that influence the value of a home, including the desirability of the community and school district, how many houses are for sale in the neighborhood, and how many foreclosures are there in the area. It's important to look at the big picture when deciding if a foreclosed home is a “good deal”.
If you or someone you know is in the market for a home and might consider working with a real estate agent and Realtor in Leawood who focuses on foreclosures, contact The Mark Gipple Team today at 816-875-6250 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is available at my website, http://www.welcometokc.com, where you can search all Leawood foreclosures for free, and it is updated daily.
Let us aggressively represent you in finding and negotiating on your next home. There is never a cost to buyers for our services.
Keller Williams Realty
Certified Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
Certified Equator Platinum Certified for Foreclosures and Short Sales
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.