Top 10 Business Mistakes Home Stagers Make and how not to make them....
As most savvy stagers, realtors, mortgage brokers and other real estate-industry entrepreneurs know, we need to build our 'list' of prospects and clients. One of the marketing methods I use to do that is by offering a 'FREE REPORT' and people sign up to receive that and hopefully become followers who then enjoy my newsletters.
You can just click on this link to receive the full FREE REPORT TOP 10 BUSINESS MISTAKES HOME STAGERS MAKE! and how not to make them. I have made a gazillion mistakes myself over the last 10 years, some big some small and the thing about making mistakes is that you LEARN FROM THEM! So in essence I wouldn't necessarily call them mistakes and I wanted to share them with so you can avoid them...
1, Choosing a good business name - spend a lot of time thinking BIG PICTURE like what would you call your company if you could sell it for a healthy profit down the road?
2. Knowing who your ideal client is - get really, really specific with this one and NO, it's not anyone with a pulse and a checkbook! What age, gender, income bracket, hobbies, etc.
3. Branding- so critical to do this professionally as you grow your business this is how people will recognize and remember you. It's your promise, identity and the experience you deliver every single time to your customers/clients.
4. Marketing Plans - without a strategic marketing plan you might try a little of this and a little of that, but all your efforts may not be going in the 3 places where you can really grow your biz - networking, speaking engagements and your enewsletter.
5. Networking & Follow Up- there are so many networking groups you can attend and belong to; BNI is not for the faint of heart with weekly accountable meetings, but great ROI; Meet Ups are really popular now so think about your ideal client and what kind of a meet up might they attend, chambers of commerce, women's groups, etc. But the Fortune Is In The Follow Up - this is a great CRM sister a friend of mine designed for people like you.
6. Business Plan - even if you don't have a formal business plan at the least have a 'road map' with some weekly, monthly, yearly and down the road goals. Without them you won't know if you have succeeded or not.
7. Creating Service Packages - in the beginning you might charge an hourly rate but over time you will find that creating packages gives you a lot more flexibility and opportunity for growth. You can offer standard services and then Value Added which are attractive optioins/add ons for your clients.
8. Creating the Right MINDSET- make no mistake IT'S YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE that is going to grow your business. Over the years I have said to my students "If I can do this, you can do this." because I am no different than you. Passion - persistence - patience are the key to starting out and staying the course.
9. On-going Learning - we are always learning something new in this business and this is key to growing your business. Over the years I have taken hundreds of courses in business, design, professional growth and personal development. I think it helps to stay positive and on top of your game!
10. Hiring a coach - I started out without a coach and I wasted valuable time by making all those mistakes I mentioned above (the gazillions). Eventually I met a coach I clicked with at a networking event and worked with her for several years. I've had many coaches over the years and I hire them for specific projects and for more long term coaching when I need it. My most recent coaches are from Live Out Loud group and while they have a different style of coaching, they are all about accountability and fast tracking you to success. I like that.
So, these are my Top 10 and you may have some other more interesting ones to add. Love to hear about them.
TO YOUR SUCCESS,