To my pleasant surprise, and alerted by TheRealBJShea, Facebook Timeline is now available for Facebook pages. Opinions regarding Timeline are as abundant as any change on social networks yet my personal opinion is definitely on the positive spectrum. So as any geek would do I started pushing buttons to customize the profile to make it look pretty. Pretty is definitely not a verb I would use to describe the previous version of pages.
How to Upgrade Facebook Pages for Timeline
1. Visit Your Facebook Fanpage.
2. Click on the Preview button in the Alert Window.
The preview will be generated which looks exactly like a basic Timeline personal page. Now it is time to customizing and getting used to the new layout. If you have been using Timeline on a personal page for some time then this will be easy and you can probably skip the rest of the tutorial. Now lets get into the beautification of Facebook Timeline for Pages.
3. Click the Cover Photo button.
4. Note Facebook's note to not to use the Cover image as an advertisement. Though many will ignore this and with no enforcement by Facebook we'll see it full of ads sooner than later. If you feel an ad is necessary at least make it cool and not a load of crap. If diarrhea explains your Cover Image you may want to rethink it.
5. Follow the prompts to either choose from uploaded photos, upload new photo, and/or re-position. Super easy just follow the prompts to make the Cover Image work.Afterwords make sure and scroll up and hit PUBLISH otherwise the changes will not be visible to the public.
6. Upload a new Profile Image as banners from the previous version with look saucey.
7. Now you're ready to be awesome with Facebook Timeline for Pages.
Some additional screenshots are for Insights, Manage, and Build Audience.
8. I'm hiding Insights from the main page as to make it look pretty to my eyes though its a choice on how each person choose to use Facebook Timeline for Pages. The admin panel can be accessed anytime via the Admin button above the visual timeline on the right side of the page.
9. Basic management functions where the "Use Facebook as [Page Name]" link has been placed.
10. Page promotion activities to get page owners can solicit for more "likes".
If you like this tutorial please jump over and like my page and see the current design, http://www.facebook.com/barnettassociates. Enjoy, share, and do all that snazy stuff :D