Feng Shui House Assessments for your New Home or Apartment with Feng Shui Long Island and Manhattan
Looking to move into a brand new home on Long Island or in the Hamptons? Or maybe seeking that perfect New York City, Brooklyn apartment, loft or penthouse? The Art of Feng Shui is becoming more common and integrated into the process of assessing and choosing potentially new living spaces throughout all of New York State.
Location, Location, Location
- It's important to understand the history of the home or apartment you are looking into. This is very important because it gives you insight into the homes energetic blueprint about how successful those occupying the space have been, with wealth, health, career, love and so on. If you see an not so positive pattern emerging the further you delve into the history it may be in the best interest of yourself and family to keep an open eye.
- Assess how you feel when approaching the house you could be calling home. Do you feel comfortable and at ease? or do you have an uneasy feeling in your stomach which usually is an indication from you body that something is off.
- Are you near by the school, town or village of your desired neighborhood?
- Your surroundings play such an important role to the kind of energy that will support you and your family. In Feng Shui it's recommended to steer clear of churches, hospitals and other facilities that promote an extreme flux in energy. This means a home that is literally across the street or next to a church or one of those locations. The reason is because yes a church is for celebration but it is also a place to bury the dead and morn those you have lost. Again, everyone will be unique in how they respond to these locations. It is best to advise with your Feng Shui consultant and review all available options.
- Is your potential home on an super busy road, dead end or T-junction? If so, you may want to rethink your location if possible. If that is not an option no worries for Feng Shui always has a cure.
Drawing of a home by Laura Cerrano with cleared away bushes, shrubs and dying trees. This allows a clear pathway to your home for positive energy.
Assess the Land
- Take a good look at the exterior of your potentially new home. Does the land seem lush and green or if looking at the house during winter, does it give the indication for positive growth in the Spring time? A healthy land means a healthy foundation for your home and you to prosper.
- Does your land have missing areas? Again, if so and you love the home, Feng Shui can offer cures to expand and extend those missing sections.
- Walking up to the front entrance of your home, does it seemed blocked by over grown shrubs, bushes or trees? If so, try and imagine (if within your budget) what your potential new home can look like without them. Having an clear pathway to your front entrance is extremely important in Feng shui.
- How about the backyard? Does it slant upward or does it drop (which is not recommended)? The Form school of Feng Shui says to have a mountain at your back for support (upward slant behind your home) but is it slopes in a downward direction it acts as a non supportive backing to you. If it's level, that fair game for positive chi.
Are you missing areas?
- A "Perfect Feng Shui" home is in the shape of a square or rectangle. Many of today's homes are built unevenly. Assess the home and see if you are missing areas. Once again, if you are, there are Feng Shui cures you can do to address this situation but the best is to be in a home that offers a solid foundation right from the start, no missing areas. If you plan to expand or extend it would be wise to consult with a Feng Shui expert as to confirm your redesign plans.
These are some detailed Feng Shui Tips when asseing your new home or apartment with Feng Shui. Laura Cerrano Certified Feng Shui consultant can help guide you with how to assess your potentially new home utilizing the ancient teachings of Feng Shui.
*Carole Provenzale has been a Certified Feng Shui Consultant since graduating from the Country's very first School for Feng Shui Studies that was licensed and accredited in 1997. Carole provides on site Feng Shui Consultations Long Island NY, Queens New York and New York City -Hamptons NY.
New York Feng Shui Manhattan New York City Manhattan NYC Consultant Laura Cerrano is a Second Generation Certified Feng Shui Consultant who has trained with Feng Shui Long Island and Masters from across the Country including Shamans to incorporate Native American beliefs and Space Clearings into her Feng Shui Consulting Firm, Feng Shui Manhattan New York City NY. After co-consulting on site for many years Laura began her own business in 2000 and has a strong client base in New York City, New York, Long Island NY, Queens, Brooklyn, New Jersey and the rest of the New York Tri-State area.
Copyright © 2012 Feng Shui LI and Feng Shui Manhattan, All Rights Reserved