Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
These days every penny counts. As the father of four daughters I certainly understand the need to save a buck. Owners who try to sell without representation have my support. If it works out, then good for you.
But what if the home lingers? How does an owner decide enough is enough, I'm calling in the professionals! Let's examine what a professional agency can do for your situation:
1) Security-- This is often overlooked. Most "buyers" will find a FSBO from the signs. You would be surprised what sort of people will show up on your door step. Some of them even want to buy a house. Are you prepared to speak with the person on the other end of the peep hole?
2) Thick Skin-- Let's face it, getting a home loan if FAR more difficult today than a few years back. Are you prepared to ask tough financial questions to a stranger? Or even worse, a family member? Over time, agents learn how to ask qualifying questions without being abrasive or pushy. Frankly such wisdom comes from trial and error.
3) Insurance-- How certain are you that the home is 1523 heated square feet? With bay windows, home additions (can I count the garage conversion as square feet), and crazy curves measurement can be difficult. Keep in mind your home is probably worth 80-100 bucks a square foot. What if you are off by 40 feet? Are you prepared to bring an extra 3,200 dollars to the table? Agents have insurance for such mistakes. Do you?
4) We Know What Works-- Agents are similar to sea gulls. Before human expansion sea gulls would comb the shore looking for small fish or crabs. Today sea gulls have learned to follow humans for the best goodies. They adapted to changes in their environment. Likewise, agents understand that what sold a home in 2003 probably won't work in 2012.
5) We Are Not Emotionally Invested In Your Transaction-- Emotion works great in the movies. The passionate speech keeps the innocent person off death row, tears reunite a couple facing divorce. In real life emotion gets in the way. Your family may have 100,000 dollars riding on a negotiation. Enough money to make or break the family budget. Still think you can keep a straight face?
6) You Sell potatoes to individuals, Agents sell potatoes to McDonald's-- As a FSBO, you are marketing to individuals purchasing a home. Agents market to other agents. Most agents have 3-5 active buyers each, some have more! This means FAR more APPROVED buyers will see your home.
Give the For Sale By Owner process a try. After all there may be a ready, willing, and able buyer for your home. But if days turn into weeks, it's time to consider professional representation. Call me direct at (318) 613-1994 for a private consultation. As always, search the Cenla MLS for free at www.LouisianaHouseHunter.com
Searching for a Top real estate agent in Alexandria Louisiana? Need help selling your Pineville, Louisiana home? Either way call Doug today!
Century 21 Millennium
Century 21 Millennium
donahue Ferry Road
Pineville, La, 71360
Each office independently owned and operated. Equal opportunity housing. Doug Rogers is a licensed real estate agent in Louisiana
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.