I love step by step instructions for anything and Connie has done a great job with suggestions for Pinterest. Pinterest has recently changed its terms of service that will make it more compatible for business. So be ahead of the curve and check it out.
5 Ideas for Using Pinterest for Real Estate
For those of you who don't know about Pinterest, it's the newest, latest Social Networking site based on sharing things you like. It's a place where you can "Pin" things you like. It's like putting them on a Bulletin Board, but for others to see.
It's by invitation only right now, but you can actually go to the site and ask for an Invite.
Once you set up your account, you have about 6 "Boards" with popular titles given to you. Things like Recipes, Favorite Places, Things I Love, For the Home, and Books worth Reading. You can change the names of these and you can add more boards. My friend Mimi Foster has 37 Boards that she's created to pin things about things that are important to her!
This is what a typical Board looks like.
5 Ideas for Using Pinterest for Real Estate:
1. Set up a Board where you pin your Blog Posts. Pin a Picture from the post and then make sure that each Blog Pin is linked back to your blog. Set up the board using SEO friendly words.
2. When working with a Buyer who is looking at homes that need Updating, you can create a board of say, Kitchens, that you can then send them ideas via Facebook about what you've pinned for them.
3. Be a Neighborhood Expert. Pin information about a neighborhood and things that are near it. Remember SEO friendly descriptions.
4. Create a Fun Things to Do board for your City. Some people will follow just a board, others will follow you completely.
5. Just like Facebook and your Blog, don't make it all about Business. Let people get to know you by pinning on Boards that show people what you're interested in.