This is a fantastic blog post by our friends at Status Social Media. Email marketing is an important real estate marketing tactic that you should be using to grow your business. Your IXACT Contact real estate contact management software has a fully-featured email marketing system built-in, complete with pre-designed drip marketing campaigns and a monthly e-Newsletter. When you’re sending out your mass emails using IXACT Contact, make sure to keep the below points in mind. The monthly e-Newsletter, as well as the marketing campaigns and email templates that we’ve created for you in IXACT Contact all avoid the following five mistakes.
Real Estate Marketing: 5 Common Email Marketing Mistakes
Most Realtors, and most marketers, have a love/hate relationship with email marketing. There are so many factors that go into an email marketing campaign that many Realtors just throw their hands up and say, “Forget it!” Don’t let email marketing get the best of you. Here are five common email marketing mistakes that should be avoided by real estate agents.
- Having Blinders On – Too many emails are about selling – that’s it! Nothing more. You emails should be about more than selling – announcements of goals, new employees hired, extending new opportunities to your followers, etc. Send emails to help educate others – very powerful!
- Boring Your Audience to Tears – Use exciting, upbeat language. See if you can pique your reader’s curiosity with humor, controversy, or data. Tell a story and grab your reader’s attention with the first sentence.
- Trusting the Gurus – Try something different than what the gurus tell you as far as scheduling goes. Test different days and times yourself. Try sending your emails at a day and time when your competitor is not.
- “Dear <fname>,” – I wanted to cry when I first saw that greeting when an email was sent to my campaign. It showed a lack of genuineness on my part. Be sure to correctly map your labels (first name, last name, etc) to the correct value. This sin can cost you subscribers in a hurry.
- Me, Me, Me – Too many Realtors make their emails about themselves or their listings. That is ok every once in a while, but don’t focus your campaign on you. Why not tell a success story about the first time home buyer you helped, or the couple who is expecting child number 5 or 8 or 10, or the retired couple who moved in order to be closer to the grandchildren? Try answering FAQ’s with some hypothetical situations. Do you see how much more powerful that can be than just talking about your listings all the time?
Try some of these tips with your campaign and test your open rates with previous emails. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised. Share some of your email marketing mistakes with us below so that we can all learn something new.
The original blog post by Andy at Stratus Social Media can be found here.
Sign up for a FREE 5 week trial of IXACT Contact now at https://www.ixactcontact.com/Registration/Registration.aspx
Did you find this article helpful?
Did you like this blog post? If so, please suggest it on ActiveRain!