Yikes! Why don't listings show the assigned schools for Wake County Public Schools in the Raleigh, Cary, Apex areas of North Carolina???
This is a question we get often in the Raleigh, Cary, Apex and surrounding areas of Wake County.
And the answer is...
We now have a school choice plan. If you live in the area, you probably know about it because it has been in the news - a lot! A single home may have 4-5 elementary schools choices, 3 middle school choices, and 3 high school choices. Then there are the magnet school choices.
There is not enough space in the Triangle Multiple Listing Service (TMLS) to add all the school choices. Therefore, you have to go to the wake county public school website and look of the schools for each address you're interested in.
The good news is...
- You have more choices of where you can live if you want a particular school.
- You can move to a larger or smaller home and stay in the school of your choice.
- Plus, your children aren't being shifted from one school to another each year.
We would often have buyers move here and request a particular school but, they'd want a house that didn't exist in that school zoning. They would either compromise on the house or they would choose another school. Now there are more choices.
The bad news is...
- You sign up for your top choices and you may not get the first choice. You may get your 2nd or 3rd choice.
What will be interesting is...
- With kids shifting, it may take a few years to level out. The current scores (which is what parents often use to choose their schools) could change.
- It seems the schools may have more accountability for their scores and kids grades/what they're learning. They can't necessarily rely on only having kids who would do well in almost any school.
What can you do...
- Have several school choices on your list.
- Know what the schools offer (special services, programs, etc.)
- Carefully choose a good and experienced buyers agent who has an idea of the "area" you need to look in for your particular school choice.
- Focus on the location and house you want and make sure you're happy with several of the choices in case you don't get your first choice.
Special Note: Townes in Wake County are Raleigh, Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Wake Forest, Rolesville, Knightdale, Wendell, and Zebulon,
Contact Carla Freund, Broker, Keller Williams Preferred Realty, Licensed Realtor® in North Carolina at 919-602-8489 to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Holly Springs, Durham, Chapel Hill, Johnston County, and the surrounding areas.
Now accepting referrals. **Not meant as a solicitation to individuals already working with a Professional Real Estate Agent.**
Disclaimer: The information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice. The Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog and Carla Freund does not guarantee or is any way responsible for its accuracy, and provides said information without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Entries on Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews represent the opinions and ideas of the author(s). Raleigh - Cary Home Reviews Blog does not express the views of Keller Williams, or those of the broker.