Live Highlands Ranch : 9 Health Fair
Event: 9 Health Fair
Date: Saturday, April 21, 2012
Time: 7:00 am - noon
Location: Eastridge Recreation Center - 9568 University Blvd., Highlands Ranch
This year the Highlands Ranch Lions Club joins forces again with the Highlands Ranch Community Association to host their 15th annual 9Health Fair. Eastridge is now a Pre-registration site which means that the participant can go to the 9Health Fair website www.9healthfair.org, register and pay online with either a Visa or Mastercard. The participant prints out the two page form and brings it with them to the Fair.
Participants wanting to get their blood work should fast for a minimum of 12 hours. Diabetics should not fast, but all participants should take their prescribed medications and drink plenty of water. In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, participants are asked to bring their own water this year.
Free Medical Screenings*:
- Blood Pressure
- Height/Weight/BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Talk with a Health Professional
- Body in Balance
- Body Fat/Skin Fold
- Stress Management
* Subject to change on the day of the Fair.
Lost-cost Screenings Include:
- $30 Blood Chemistry Analysis - provides participants with a baseline check on their cholesterol, blood glucose, liver, kidneys, thyroid - a total of 30 tests. (A 12-hour fast is recommended. Drink lots of water. Take prescribed medications. Diabetics should not fast.)
- $15 Blood Count - identifies a person’s ability to fight infection, risk for anemia and blood-clotting abilities by checking white and red blood cells, hematocrit and hemoglobin levels.
- $25 Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) - identifies a man’s risk for prostate cancer.
- $20 Colon Cancer Screening Kit - this new take-home, mail-in kit checks for blood in the stool which can lead to colon cancer. Volunteer 9Health Fair nurses and doctors will call participants with abnormal results.
- $40 Vitamin D Screening
- $25 Hemoglobin A1C
Participants with serious health issues will be notified by volunteer nurses and doctors within 72 hours of their 9Health Fair visit and encouraged to seek immediate medical attention. Follow up resources are available for those with little or no health insurance.
You must be 18 years of age to participate in the screenings. For additional health information, please visit the 9Health Fair web site.