"Listings with video had a 400% increase in inquries and web page views in 2011." - Domain real estate service
Engage and connect with potential clients by utilizing video to market both your listings and yourself! Here are five ways to not only get your listings noticed, but to get YOU noticed a well.
1. Home Video Tour – Not a virtual tour, where people see the same photos they already viewed, only with some music and pans that move around without a purpose. A full motion video tour gives clients a true sense of the home’s lay-out and can create an “emotional connection” that leads to an in person tour and hopefully, a sale.
2. Neighborhood Video Tour – Anyone can do a search online and find info about a particular city, but it’s much more difficult to discover the lifestyle of different neighborhoods. Don’t just write about it, show potential clients what makes an area desirable. Include an interview or two of happy residents who explain why they love to live there. And when a person does a search for the neighborhood, they’ll find your video, and find you!
Here’s a neighborhood tour we recently produced of Murrayhill in Beaverton, Oregon, to give you an example.
3. Agent Profile Video – Just like an “About us” section of a website, a profile video lets people know all about you! Well, not everything…you may not want to tell them everything about your addiction to chocolate and Dancing with the Stars…but do share why your clients love working with you and what you offer your clients.
4. Client Testimonial – This can be part of your agent profile video and can be more effective than just having yourself talking about you. Some “agent profile” videos never even feature the agent talking – a happy client on video can be the best salesperson you’ll ever find! (One tip, try to schedule the interview right after closing, and you'll get their natural excitement on camera.)
5. How-to Videos – It doesn’t matter what your niche is, you know more than the average person who is buying or selling a home. Share helpful information with potential clients, whether it’s short sale info, how to prepare your home for an open house, how to price it, etc…and people will see you as the go-to expert.
Think creatively. Just as you think of subjects for your blog posts, think about ways you can use video to market your listings and yourself! And if you ever need help with video marketing, whether it's to just talk about ideas or schedule a shoot, just give us a call. We're always happy to help!