Staging The Closets In Occupied Homes: How Far Do You Go?
Here's some of the advice I give people when they're preparing their homes for the market:
- Pack up out-of-season clothing, and edit the rest.
- Organize clothing by type, length, and color.
- Keep floors as clear as possible.
- Place items on shelves in baskets or containers.
- Linen closets should be organized by type (towels, sheets, etc.) and color.
Most of the advice is geared towards making the closets appear as spacious as possible. Storage space is always a premium, and buyers love lots of it!
Stagers and Agents: What else do you recommend?
Here's a closet in a guest room I recently Staged. It was used for storage, but we wanted to give it some personality to go with the period details it had.
A collection of the Seller's pashminas provided some great color!
So what are your suggestions? Got some great closets to share?