We have had some bear sightings this spring and it is important to be “Bear Aware” when you live and play here in Teton Valley Idaho. Here is a recent article from the local news about a grizzly bear that had become a problem to civilized human occupation. Or should I say Humans became a problem to this bear?
News Channel 8, bear was euthanized in Teton Valley,
Some things to remember when hiking, riding or biking mountain trails:
· Make some noise – most bear attacks happen when humans stumble onto a bear that is unaware.
· Keep your food in a bear proof box and hang it high from a tree when camping.
· Carry bear spray when you are in known bear country.
· Don’t leave your gut piles near camp when hunting.
· Know what your children are doing and where they are.
Be safe and enjoy your adventures. (bear picured is a black bear we photographed in Yellowstone).