1. If you don't like hot things you might want to stay put.
2. Bill Miller's is quintessential eating. We know its not the best BBQ & we don't care cause we can feed a family of 5 for $20 & its better than cheap burgers.
3. Margaritas - the official beverage.
4. We don't like being compared to Austin; we're better!
5. Dallas folks are "Yankees"
6. A "Taco" doesn't necessarily mean ground beef in a crunchy corn shell. Its anything stuffed into a 10" flour tortilla. So, you should say "crunchy" if that's what you mean, or "burrito" if you want bigger & rolled up. We eat tacos 24/7, literaly. Breakfast (chorizo & egg), lunch (bean & cheese), dinner (fajita), late night snack (potatoe & egg). Just ask the guys at Chachos at 2am!
7. The last two weeks of April are a city-wide holiday. Don't expect to get much done. Refer to Fiesta for more information. I went to the UT San Antonio Alumni party & parade Monday night. I'm heading out to NIOSA tomorrow night. The kids will be off Friday to attend the Battle of the Flowers parade Friday. King William's Fair Saturday. Oh what fun!
8. "San Antonio" - not "San Antone" - regardless of what John Wayne says.
9. If you don't love the SPURS, you will.
10. We love our military even more so be extra nice when you see them all over town. And buy them a taco if you can.