There definitely IS a difference between Decorating & Staging as this post points out! Just because your home is wonderfully decorated doesn't mean it appeals to the most amount of buyers. It could actually be too personalized for the market.
Read on and get great advice from Kathy Nielsen a popular stager in Atlanta.
One of the biggest misnomers when it comes to preparing your home for the market is that staging is a lot like decorating. The truth of the matter is that while there are some things that are similar, there are some huge differences between the two.
Let's first review the similarities between decorating and staging:
- Both require furniture and accessories
- You shop for both (stagings and decorating) at the same stores.
- Both aim for the home to look nice
Here are the differences:
- When decorating, you're striving to achieve a look that YOU like. When staging, it's NOT about you. Instead, it's all about the potential buyer.
- When staging, it's all about selling the "real estate" the home has to offer. For example, the extra chair in the living room, which may look great in a decorated home, may just be eating up too much space if the home is placed on the market.
- Decorating is very personal. Staging is the exact opposite. In our Atlanta home stagings, we minimize the personal touches (e.g., family photos, mementos, etc.).
As you can see, the difference between decorating and home staging is huge. Here at AtlantaHomeStaging.net, we understand the differences and apply them when staging a vacant home. We focus on highlighting the features, maximizing the amount of visual real estate the home has to offer, and target the demographic of the buyer.
Here's a collage of some of our Atlanta home staging after pictures:
Originally posted at AtlantaHomeStaging.net
Home Staging Atlanta - Kathy Nielsen - 678 522 8392
RESA Professional Stager of the Year - Southern Region 2011
Whether your home is vacant or occupied, this Atlanta Georgia Home Stager, Kathy Nielsen, understands what it takes to sell a home quickly. Her homes have graced the pages of several publications, appeared in TV commercials as well as on HGTV's hit program Sleep On it.
With years of experience and a massive inventory - Kathy makes the perfect choice.
Home Staging Website: Home Staging Atlanta
Before and After Pictures: Atlanta Home Staging Portfolio:
Blog: Atlanta Home Staging
- Kitchen Transformations
- Short on Space? Keep it Simple
- Tips on Selling Your Home From a Professional Stager
- Curtains. Should they stay or go?
- How to dress up your coffee table and end tables when selling
- Quick tips for table settings
- How will buyers remember your home?
- Atlanta Home Staging Consultations - Check out what the homeowner did
- Atlanta Loft Gets Home Staged
- How to ensure your home appeals to a broad base of prospective buyers