Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
As the survey is already closed, I would like to give my opinion on open houses here on the Sebring Real Estate blog: Well,..........it depends! I know, this sounds like I'm really trying to weasel my way out of this one, don't I? Don't give up on me yet, just read on.
1. Always on the lookout for new clients? Open House will work for that! If advertised enough, there will be plenty of nosy neighbors and garage sale browsers walking through the front door. Surely, some of them won't mind taking a business card or even leave their contact information for the agent. Is it going to sell the home on Open House day? NO
2. Need a break from the kids? Open House will work for that! I remember one of our golf course listings, perfect for a retired golfing enthusiast. Unfortunately, the listing was on the market in the summer during the off-season and we weren't able to generate too many visitors. Other than that, we enjoyed the tranquil views, the occassional golfer passing by the backyard and last but not least: heavenly peace. Is it going to sell the home on Open House day? NO
3. Looking to place a dozen real estate signs in highly visible locations? Open House will work for that! Real Estate signs sell real estate and they also sell the agent. Is it going to sell the home on Open House day? NO
The Home Owner
1. Like to show off your stuff? Open House will work for that! You'll be thrilled to get compliments on the updated/upgraded super-ultra modernized kitchen. You'll love to whip out that photo album with step by step photos of how you installed the gorgeous water fountain, perfectly placed in the center of the lime stone patio (there's a separate photo album on patio construction). At the end of the day, you feel great about all the wonderful improvements you have made and the toys you own. Did it sell your home? NO
2. Looking to sell your home? Open House "might" work for that! Most buyers start their real estate search with certain criteria in mind: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, tile flooring is a must because of the pets, can't be a busy street because of the kids, must be close to schools, no HOA please (!), lot must be big enough to add a pool later, oversized garage for "man toys" etc. What are the chances they are looking for YOUR home? Sure, they might drop in, admire your updated kitchen, your immaculate berber carpet and your perfectly sloped backyard. Hey, but they might just say: Let's rip out the carpet, enlarge the garage, add a 3rd bedroom and buy this beauty! Most of the time though it doesn't work that way. So is the Open House event going to sell the home on Open House day? Not likely.
The Bottom Line
Open Houses don't sell houses, they sell the agent, the brokerage and the home owner's interior style and toy collection. People attend open houses because they are nosy, not so much because they want to buy.
There are plenty of other, more effective ways to market a property for sale. Talk to your agent and if you live in my area, talk to me:
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.