What's Happening today in the Arlington, Virginia Real Estate Market?
The chart below details all of the closed home sales activity in Arlington, Virginia for March 2012:
Sales volume for March 2012 is exactly the same in terms of the number of sales and up slightly on total dollar volume from March 2011. Days on market is down 5% from last March and median sales prices are up almost 9% in Arlington.
Here's a snapshot of the current market for Arlington Virginia home sales at the end of April 2012:
- Active homes for sale: 565 -- 239 homes, or over 42% of these Arlington homes have come on the market within the last 30 days!
- 700 homes have sold in Arlington since the beginning of 2012, or an average of 175/month. At this rate, there's currently 3.22 months of inventory on the market in Arlington. Very good news if you're planning to sell your Arlington home!
- Average listing price in Arlington, VA: $723,351
- Price range: The least expensive listing price in Arlington is $69,900. The most expensive home is listed for $6,000,000.
- Average days on market: 71 days.
- There's an additional 516 homes in Arlington that are currently under contract pending sale. 318 of those contracts were ratified within the last 30 days.
As you can see from the stats above, Arlington remains a very active market.