My first lender (Countrywide) has approved the short sale. They are telling me that they will offer the second lien holder (Chase) $3000 and will not negotiate with them (is that true?). I owe the second lien holder $99K. They tell me that I am to send the offer to Chase and negotiate with them to get their approval.
Can someone with experience with these negotiations advise me on how to negotiate with the second lender? What should I tell Chase and what should I expect? What if the second lender does not want to accept the $3000 offer from the 1st lender? Thank you for your input.