Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Some of us are lucky enough to have a pool. If you are even luckier, you get to enjoy that pool year round. But then, pool maintenance never takes a break.
"Maintaining pool chemistry and cleanliness are the most important aspects of pool maintenance," says John Puder of WaterWarehouse.com, an online source for pool supplies. "Taking routine steps is the best way to preserve your pool and ensure your enjoyment."
Follow these pool maintenance tips to ensure that your pool is pristine:
Daily Care * Test Pool Water for Sanitizer Level Make certain alkalinity and pH are in balance. Unbalanced pools can affect water clarity, damage pool equipment, cause erosion and even alter water chemistry.
* Add Chlorine or Bromine Sanitizing your pool is like sterilizing your pool. This kills bacteria, algae and any other living forms in the water. Almost all swimming pools in the United States are disinfected by chlorine or bromine in one form or another.
* Adjust pH and Alkalinity levels Balancers can help maintain the proper pH and alkalinity levels necessary in a pool. This will get rid of cloudy or irritating water and save expensive equipment.
* Check Skimmer Basket Clear debris from skimmer basket to help keep pool water circulating and fresh.
Weekly Care * Shock Pool Water Weekly shock treatments are necessary to destroy combined chlorine compounds. Shocks sanitize pool water and quickly raise the chlorine level.
* Add Algaecide Add a weekly dosage of algaecide to prevent and control algae. Good algaecide should kill algae without damaging or staining your pool.
* Add Metal Out Even the best maintained pools have tiny suspended particles that can escape the filtration system. Add a weekly dosage of Metal Out to eliminate metal particles.
* Add Clarifier Add a weekly dosage of clarifier to prevent cloudy water. Clarifiers are used to remove particles from the pool that are too small to be caught in the filter system. Clarifying agents will cause these particles to cling to each other making them larger, so they can be removed from your water through vacuuming or filtration.
As Needed * Vacuum pool * Leaf skim * Brush walls * Check filter/backwash
Maintaining your pool can be a breeze by following these simple steps. Quality pool supplies are available online so you don't have to run to the store, making pool maintenance easy and convenient.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.