Lower Home Prices & Mortgage Rates = Opportunity in Greenwich, Ct. May 2012.
May 10th, 2012.
With rental rates rising nationwide owning a home seems more affordable now especially with mortgage rates yet again hitting a record low along with declining home prices. In Greenwich, Connecticut the median sold price year to date compared to last year is down 29.49% at a median sold price of $1,375,000.
Along with that the number of homes sold are down 59.33% year to date compared to last year in Greenwich, Ct. Currently on the Greenwich MLS there are 631 single family homes for sale ranging in price from $379,000 through to $26,000,000 which is a 14,966 square foot Palladian style villa situated on 10+ acres.
If you would like to sign up for the WPSIR real estate e-mail newsletter please send request to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and mention if you like the:
- Town monthly newsletter & statistics ~ specify towns.
- And/or the Fairfield County quarterly update.
To view WPSIR Market Trend newsletters of other towns go to http://www.williampitt.com/eng and visit “LOCAL MARKET TRENDS” section.
Greenwich, Connecticut is the southernmost and westernmost municipality in Connecticut and is a 38+ minute Metro North train (express) ride to Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan. The total area is 67.2 square miles with 47.8 sq mi being land and 19.4 sq mi being water with a population of 61,171 (2010 census). Greenwich is made up of 5 zip codes:-
06830 ~ Greenwich
06831 ~ Glenville
06870 ~ Old Greenwich
06878 ~ Riverside
06807 ~ Cos Cob
Median Price: is half are below, half are above.
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information. You should verify any information that is important to your buying decision. Data Source: GRWMLS
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.