Lower Home Prices & Mortgage Rates = Opportunity in Stamford, Ct. May 2012.
May 10th, 2012.
With rental rates rising nationwide owning a home seems more affordable now especially with mortgage rates yet again hitting a record low along with declining home prices. In Stamford, Connecticut the median sold price year to date compared to last year is down 3.64% at a median sold price of $530,000.
Along with that the numbers of homes sold are up 9.32% year to date compared to last year in Stamford, Ct. while new listings during the same period are up 91.79%.
Currently on the Greater Fairfield County CMLS there are 495 single family homes for sale ranging in price from $199,000 through to $5,200,000. There is one additional home for sale listed at $15,400,000 which is a 3.51 acre drive out island home with a 14,149 square foot main home and guest cottage.
If you would like to sign up for the WPSIR real estate e-mail newsletter please send request to e-mail email@example.com and mention if you like the:
- Town monthly newsletter & statistics ~ specify towns.
- And/or the Fairfield County quarterly update.
To view WPSIR Market Trend newsletters of other towns go to http://www.williampitt.com/eng and visit “LOCAL MARKET TRENDS” section.
Stamford is the fourth largest city in Connecticut covering 52.1 square miles, 37.7 being land and with a population of 122,643 (2010census). Stamford is a 45 minute train ride (non-stop) on Metro-North to Grand Central Terminal in Manhattan.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above.
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*Listing and sales information comes from various sources and may not always be accurate. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy of this information. You should verify any information that is important to your buying decision. Data Source: GFC CMLS
David Popoff is a Connecticut license real estate agent in lower Fairfield County. He has lived and worked in the area for over 30 years and now reside in Darien since 2004.
- Member of the Multiple Listing Service, MLS.
- Greater Fairfield County
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- Green Affiliations.
- Realtor GREEN designation by the National Association of Realtors.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Rowayton and the rest of lower Fairfield County.