I am a Realtor, a wife, a mother and the owner of 2 four-legged babies, Emmy and Gigi. There are times when these two dogs drive me crazy, but I love them both and they keep me grounded.
This morning, as I prepared for a private showing of one of my upcoming listings, it occured to me that I probably wear my love for pets on my sleeve--or pants, as the case may be.
So how can you tell I am a dog-owning Realtor? Here are some of the ways:
- All my slacks and skirts have tell-tale slime at dog height. I try to clean it off, but inevitably, Emmy gets me as I leave
- The same goes for dog fur. We now have two black dogs. If you think I wear a lot of black, you would be right...it makes it easier to be presentable.
- I am very punctual by nature, but if I have been working at home and have to leave for a meeting, I am likely to be a couple of minutes late. Why? I can't always get the dogs inside!
- When we meet for our first listing appointment, I completely get that you are more stressed about what to do with your dog(s) during a showing than what the asking price for your home will be.
- I will greet your dogs with as much enthusiasm as I great you.
- Dog owners 'get it,' and I will help you figure out the best way to handle all your dog stuff while the house is on the market--and I won't judge!
Being a dog owner is a huge commitment. Selling your house is a huge commitment, too. It isn't necessary that your Realtor be a dog owner, just because you are, but it sure makes it easier!