What this report tells you: Last year was rough in this price range, but improvement in both median days on market and percentage of short sales and foreclosures is encouraging. This is a 'hot' price range for Arvada, and I expect to see further improvement.
Click this link to see Arvada Home Sales in the other price categories.
The following information was obtained from Metrolist on May 10, 2012.
This report includes only detached single family Arvada homes that sold between $200,000 and $250,000 in April 2012. I'm using the term 'distressed sales' to refer to short sales and foreclosures. A 'regular' sale may also have been 'distressed' in the sense that the home was in need of major work.
- Currently, there are 56 Arvada homes for sale in this price range. 4 of these homes are short sales, and 6 are foreclosures, bringing the percentage of distressed homes available to 18%.
If you would like any more details or to see any of these Arvada homes for sale, please call me at 720-353-8031.
- Currently, there are 73 Arvada homes under contract in this price range. 9 of these homes are foreclosures and 5 are short sales. That's a 19% rate of distressed sales.
- 37 Arvada homes sold in April 2012 between $200,000 and $250,000. 48 median days on market. 5 Arvada homes sold were foreclosures, 1 was a short sale. So in this price range 16% of Arvada homes were distressed sales.
- 2011 saw 34 Arvada homes sell during April between $200,000 and $250,000. 76 median days on market. None were short sales, 10 were foreclosures. So a year ago the distressed rate for Arvada home sales was 29%.
- 2010 saw 36 Arvada homes sell during April between $200,000 and $250,000. 28 median days on market. 3 Arvada homes sold as foreclosures, 1 short sale. A 11% rate of distressed Arvada home sales.
Click this link to see Arvada Home Sales in the other price categories. Click this link to see Arvada Home Sales for March, 2012.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I write posts on real estate issues and local events in the Denver metro area, especially those *communities between Denver and Boulder, as a public service. My hope is to give people an idea of the ‘flavor’ of our community, in case they’re new or moving to the Denver area.
I am a residential real estate agent, happily helping folks buy a house or sell a house in the beautiful and friendly *suburbs northwest of Denver. *Arvada, Broomfield, Lafayette, Louisville, Superior, Westminster; also Thornton, Golden, Wheat Ridge, Northglen, Lakewood
Read more about Arvada Colorado, a historic small town between Denver and Boulder.
Find Homes for Sale, no Matter Who Listed Them, at Dream House Hunting.
Gardeners might enjoy my posts about gardening in Denver to Boulder's front range.
Copyright © 2012 Joetta Fort, Broker, The DiGiorgio Group
Joetta Fort, Realtor 720-353-8031 firstname.lastname@example.org