Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
1. Setting The Price Too High ~ Mistake...Overpriced houses do not sell. Sellers often over-estimate the price of their house, and end up pricing themselves right out of the market. Overpricing is the number one mistake most home sellers make. Simply stated, if the price is not right then buyers won't even consider your property. Setting the wrong price may help your competition sell theirs faster. More than any other factor, the right price will sell a house faster.
2. Go It Alone Without A Realtor ~ Mistake...The right Realtor will help you set a fair and competitive selling price for your house which will increase your odds of selling. An experienced Realtor can save you time, money, and lower your risk. In addition to local market knowledge, you need to choose the Experienced Realtor with the best marketing plan and who will continually work to make sure as many qualified buyers get to see your house as possible.
3. Ignore TheCondition Of Your House ~ Mistake...Another big mistake made when selling your house is to ignore its condition. In today's competitive market, a sparkling house gets the most interest and top dollar. Most buyers will not even consider a house that needs to be fixed and will automatically subtract the cost of needed fix-ups from the price they offer.A poorly kept house in need of repairs will lower the selling price of your property and will even turn away some buyers. Either way, you save nothing by putting off fix-ups and will likely slow the sale of your house.
4.Limiting Your Marketing ~Mistake...Your home is probably the most expensive item you will ever sell so it only makes sense to have it marketed effectively. The Experienced Realtor will have many ways to market your house that will work best for your area. You want to make sure that your house is viewed by as many prospective buyers as possible. The marketing used should be able to reach local, national and international buyers. Social Media will help too. Remember, buyers are not always local and they need to find your house easily. Don't let inadequate marketing limit your chances.
5.No Curb Appeal ~Mistake...When selling your house, make the first best impression from the outside curb appeal. Landscaping, shrubs, flowerbeds and even your front door will help create this first impression. You want to give the "buy me" look before potential buyers even enter your house.
6. Try To Hide Problems ~Mistake...Any problem with the property will be uncovered during the buyer's inspection, so there's no use hiding it. Fix the problem ahead of time or price the property below market value to account for the problem. Realize that if you don't fix the problem in advance, you may turn away the buyers who want a move-in ready home. If they see the house is not as described, they may wonder what else you have tried to hide. Honesty is definitely the best policy so don't disappoint them.
7.GetInvolved Emotionally ~Mistake...Yes you have many memories and an attachment for your home, but buyers aren't emotionally attached. Don’t let your emotions dictate your home’s sale price. You have to separate yourself from the emotional factor of selling the house so you can move on.
8. Not Taking The First Offer ~ Mistake...Homeowner's sometimes think that the first offer they receive will be only one of many more to come and want to hold out for a higher price. This is especially true if the offer comes in soon after the house is placed on the market. Larry And Sheila know that more often than not, the first offer may be the best offer. A house is most sale-able during its early marketing period, and the amount buyers are willing to pay will lose its value with the length of time a property has been on the market.
9.Don't Respond Immediately ~ Mistake...Another important step when accepting any offer is to reply immediately. You don't want to give a buyer the chance to change their mind because you are taking your time to respond. When a buyer makes an offer they are at that time ready and in the right frame of mind to buy. You don't want to lose a sale because you delayed in replying and they have the time to change their mind. You don't want to stretch the negotiations.
10. Skimping On Photos ~ Mistake...Buyers are looking online first before they contact a Realtor. If photos aren't included in a listing, buyers may pass up an opportunity to view your house in person. Any homeowner who does not add photos to their listing is doing a real disservice to themselves. Photos can sell a house faster than one with fewer or poor quality pictures.
There are other mistakes we haven't outlined...like following the buyers too closely as the look at your house, not willing to negotiate, and not accommodating a buyer with viewing hours, but these suggestions should help.
Do You Have Questions About Your Long Island Neighborhood? Need More Specific Information On Your Long Island Home or Condo For Purchase Or To Sell?
CallLarry And Sheila For More Comprehensive Reporting At 631-805-4400.
We Welcome Your Call!
If you or anyone you know is considering to sell their existing home on The North Shore Of Long Island, or is purchasing their first home, dream home, step-up home, or retirement residence, we would appreciate the opportunity to serve them. We can also recommend a relocation professional in the destination of choice outside our Long Island area!
All content, including text, photographs and images, remains the exclusive property of Suffolk Experts. Only with written permission of Larry & Sheila may anything be used by others. All information is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. Suffolk Experts and Larry & Sheila make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, delays in information, any losses, inuuries, or damages arising from its display or use.
Welcome to our world of Real Estate!
We are Long Island's Premiere Realtor's representing all of Long Island New York, including Residential Homes, 55 and Over Communities, Condo/Townhouse, Luxury Long Island Properties and Corporate Relocation Specialists!
Interested in selling your Long Island Home or Condo? Contact Larry and Sheila to get a professional estimate at 631-805-4400.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.