About two weeks ago I stumbled across Nextdoor.com while looking for a business referral in my community Victory Heights in Seattle Washington.
Nextdoor is a great turnkey website that lets you quickly develop a community information bulletin board and is a great social networking platform for the community and the best part it’s FREE.
I started with a few neighbors that I knew and they quickly got on board, then they started telling other neighbors and pretty soon I started to see information about events happening around the neighborhood.
It’s a great way to get to know your neighbors, share local recommendations and advice, get rid of stuff, keep the neighborhood safe and most importantly stay informed of what’s happening!
You can upload things like:
Neighborhood bylaws and policies
Meeting notes and minutes
Notices from the city
Permits and applications
Emergency preparedness forms
Photos & flyers
They can be a PDF, presentation, text document, image or post.
- Reindeer Festival in Seattle’s Blue Ridge Neighborhood (10.3)
- Want to Learn About a Bothell Neighborhood or Community – Visit the Coffee-shop(9.6)
- North Seattle Neighborhood Home Prices going in Opposite Directions (9.4)
- When It’s A Toss-Up – The Right Bothell Neighborhood Or The Right House (8.9)
- Bothell Neighborhood Watch Programs – How Proactive Are Your Neighbors? (8.4)