If you have been sitting on the fence about buying a new, or second home, NOW is the time to buy at Lake Oconee!
1. Prices are low, but won't stay that way much longer. Most economic predictors feel that the "bottom" of the home market has been reached, and the average home price will go up in 2012-2013.
2. Reynolds Plantation is now on stable financial ground. Reynolds Linger Longer Properties, long the anchor of the Lake Oconee area, announced recently the intention of the MetLife company to purchase Reynolds' amenities and undeveloped property. With that security, the whole Lake Oconee Area will continue to prosper and grow.
3. New industries are moving close to the Lake Oconee area. Caterpillar is building a new plant in Watkinsville (25 miles), and Baxter, a biotechnology operation, is creating a facility near Social Circle (35 miles). These new facilities will bring jobs to the area, and more demand for housing.
4. Medical facilities are improving. St. Mary's Good Samaritan Hospital will break ground soon on a new hospital in the heart of the Lake Oconee Area that will add to the already comprehensive medical care offered by the Cowles Clinic, Putnam, and Morgan County Hospitals.
5. The Lake Oconee Area offers homes in all price ranges. Houses for sale range from less than $100,000 in the small towns, from up to the millions in the lake golf communities. There is something for every lifestyle and pocketbook.
Following are some listings of homes from the different categories of residential homes in the Lake Oconee Area: