I got hit twice in the last seven days. First this beautiful lady got me, then this clown...........so to you, my lucky reader, you get ten things about MeMe.........hahaha, kidding of course. It's been seven days and I can't think of five things.....so if I were to do ten I would have to copy and paste from this post, then I'd have to splat myself for copying and pasting from somewhere else, which would result in me sending a condescending email to ActiveRain asking who had the gumption to take away my points and "how dare they". At this point I would have to respond to myself.................well you get the picture, and I think we can all agree, it could get ugly!!
So here are five more things you would probably have no interest in knowing about me.
1. I was born and raised in Seattle area and I will not step in a Starbucks Coffee Shop. I absolutely refuse!! There is a Starbucks every couple of blocks around these parts. In Seattle, there are buildings that have more than one Starbucks coffee station in the building. And there are buildings with more than one Starbucks next to buildings with more than one Starbucks. It is on the verge of being completely ridiculous. (right now it is just ridiculous).
Why you might ask? Why do I refuse to give my money to the evil coffee giant? Is it because I think it is absurd that people will pay $4 for a cup of coffee that only eight years ago wouldn't go for more than $1? Nope, I'll actually spend $4 at a Tully's or the little independent shop down the street. Is it because I think Starbucks coffee tastes burned or charred? No, I'll actually drink the stuff if someone else buys it and brings it to me. The reason I will not drink Starbucks coffee is because their CEO/founder Howard Schultz is a sell out. Yep, that's right, he sold out our whole city. How? He used to own the Seattle Supersonics and after trying to hold the city hostage for a new publicly funded arena, and not getting his way........he sold the team to a group of investors from Oklahoma City..........who are now threatening the same thing. In fact, they just recently filed for relocation and the cities chances of keeping the team look worse every day. It makes me SICK even writing it down. Some of my first memories I have in my life are of attending Sonics games with my dad when I was really little...........and because of Schultz, I may never get that chance with my son and I am BITTER (just like a cup of Starbucks coffee).
2. I lost the school election for sixth grade president of our elementary school by one vote to Nathan Conrad (any time I can throw in an old friends name in hopes he will google himself and get in touch with me, I will totally do it!!). We lived close enough to the school that we (my three blood brothers and my one step brother) walked home from school. My step brother and I were the same age (my mom was married to his dad) and my next youngest brother, Timmy, was two years younger than me, so he would have been in fourth grade (although maybe the elections were at the end of the previous year and I was in fifth grade and Tim was in third, I can't remember exactly). On the walk home from school the day that I lost the election, some poor sap had the nerve to turn around to me on the walk home and say "you know, if I would have voted for you, you would have won..........but why would I vote for a LOSER". I should probably preface this with the fact that my brother Tim might have been the biggest kid in school, as a fourth (like I said, maybe third) grader. This kid didn't stand a chance.........my brother ran that boy down and whooped him something fierce!!
My political career would rebound though as I was elected president of my junior high school in a landslide.
3. My son is UNBELIEVABLY CUTE!!! And I'm not just saying that because he is my son. It is getting increasingly hard to go out in public and not have every childless woman under the age of 30 (or any woman with grown kids) within 300 yards making a beeline to this little guy with some laughable reason to pinch his cheeks and goo over how cute he is. If this keeps up, and he takes after me in ANY way............he is going to be TROUBLE!!!!
4. I can't stand the phrase "it is what it is". It literally upsets me. It just is. THAT'S IT!!! It being what it is goes without saying!!!
5. I was with Jonathan the first time he ever had more than two drinks. A friend of mine got us an invitation to Club Prey, one of the hottest clubs (at the time) in Los Angeles. We stood three feet from Kanye West as he performed close enough that Jon or I could have reached out and grabbed his mic. Leonardo DiCaprio was in a booth behind us, and Jamie Foxx had his posse in another booth(they had both been recently nominated for Oscars, Leo for The Aviator and Foxx for Ray) Hugh Hefner was in a private room in the back.......but his bunnies were out dancing......along with about 20 other women, each one more beautiful than the next (although none as beautiful as her).......and in the middle of all of them............Jon.............and no folks.........he can not dance (normally........this night he was in another world)!!! It was priceless!!!
(I will be back to edit this to add some pictures and pick my next victims.............until then, play nice :) )