I’ll Save Money if Sell My Own House Instead of Calling a Realtor; NO…….15 Reasons Why You Really Lose Money.
1. Did you know that only about 5% of the homes listed by FSBO sell? The rest of the homeowners either get frustrated and decide not to sell or they call an experienced Realtor to list their home.
2. Approximately 80% of FBSO’s call a Realtor for assistance after a long and unsetting experience and the other 15% just decide not to sell and most remain unhappy about this situation. In another year, they will call a Realtor as they will remember what a bad experience they had.
3. If the homeowner then gets disgusted and takes their home off the market for a few months or years, they will probably net less money as prices continue to go down.
4. Do you realize you do not have all the current sales available to you? The title company reports all sales: Trusts, Divorces, Foreclosures, Auctions, and Realtor sales. Do you know what sales to consider and what not to? We have all the sales available that count through our Multiple Listing Service and private parties are not allowed to get that data.
5. Buyers will not even know your home is for sale unless they happen to see your sigh. Your home will not appear in the MLS unless you hire a service to put it in for you. Then this service is going to try and convert you to list with them; a full service listing. So why not go ahead and just list first with an experienced Realtor.
6. Are you aware of all the important disclosures necessary to get signed by yourselves and the buyers? If you do not get these signed, you are leaving yourself wide open for a lawsuit later after the home has sold.
7. Do you know what reports you must order and you will have to pay up front for these reports. If you do not provide them, you are looking at a lawsuit in the future.
8. Do you know what this time period may be? The only time period is that the new owners have 3 years to bring a lawsuit after they find the defect that they feel was notdisclosure to them?
9. Approximately 95% of all Sellers and Buyers want an experienced Realtor to help them with their sale and would never take the risk of doing it themselves.
10. Do you realize the risk of just putting a sign in your yard and letting anyone knock on your door? They might be prospective buyers and they might be criminals ready to check out if they want to come back and burglarize your home later. And are these strangers serious or just looking for fun.
11. Also are the buyer’s prequalified buyers? If not, buyers just looking for a home but it can be a waste of time as many cannot qualify. Are you just wasting your time and effort by opening up your house to them? Agents always get their buyers pre-qualified before taking them out to look.
12. Many people drive around and go in FBSO homes if they are considering selling their home soon in the area with a Realtor. They may just be snooping to see what features you have or don’t have as a smart homeowner knows the competition.
13. Unless there are open houses in the area, you cannot just go and see inside the other homes in the area. As most homeowners, expect a Realtor to accompany any buyers walking through their home.
14. Do you know how to prepare your home for sale to get the best price and make it look the most presentable? Realtors are experienced in doing this every day.
15. Here is the Big Reason for most Sellers; Do not want to pay the Realtors Commission. Am I right? Yes, you think you are just as smart so you will keep your money and not share it with a Realtor. Sorry but you are WRONG!
*I am going to share a diagram that will make it easy to see why you are not saving any money.
This is what you want; sold, moved on, no worry of lawsuits, and relaxed and money in the bank.
If you are looking for a professional and experienced agent, I am just a click away. Google me at Kristin Hamilton-Real Estate Agent. Homeowners and Buyers both will find my services top notch and successful. Call me to sell your home.
I am waiting for your call! 909-557-6966.
This post was authored and or picture was taken by Kristin Hamilton. ©2012, All Rights Reserved, This content may not be reproduced or reprinted (Except for ActiveRain Re-blogging) without express written permission of Kristin Hamilton, Keller Williams Realty, Redlands, CA.