Five Minute Chores to Spruce up Your Home for Sale!
I understand how stressful and time consuming things can be when you are trying to sell your home. Been there, done that! I also understand how little time there seems to be in a day. One of the most important things you can do to sell your home faster is Keep it Clean & Organized & Clutter-free!
So, while you are doing your daily chores to keep your home "Show Ready", if you add just five minutes extra each day, it can make a big difference.
- Dust the Living Room.
- Wipe down the front of your Kitchen Cabinets.
- Clean one Toilet or bathtub/shower.
- Wipe down light switch plates and replace if needed.
- Clean the windows in one room.
- Jazz up the dining table with fresh place mats.
- Vacuum or sweep upholstered furnishings (lamp shades too).
- Dust ceiling fan blades.
- Polish all faucets (this may take a little longer if you have 8 bathrooms).
- Wipe down the refrigerator shelves.
- Clean out from under the bathroom cabinets.
- Make the microwave oven sparkle. I spray mine with water, run for 1 minute and everything wipes right off!
- Sweep the patio and entry walk to the home.
- Plant a few brightly colored flowers by the front door.
- Give the mailbox a fresh coat of paint. Make sure the house numbers are easy to read too.
- Purge items in just one closet each day. Donate the items to a local charity or thrift store. Call ahead, many of them will pick up the items.
- Clean and organize the pantry.
- Organize one kitchen or bathroom drawer (yes.... potential buyers will open them).
What else can you think of that needs to be done? Maybe clean off the deck furniture, replace a couple of throw pillows, wash any throw rugs, wipe down the front doors and paint if necessary. Make your home shine and stand out from the many other properties available in the current market!
The home in the photo above is gorgeous. The leaves and spider webs that welcomed each visitor were a turn off. In less than five minutes, with the help of a broom, the appearance is already much better. Now, they need to pressure wash & clean the area too, and that chore could be completed in less that 1/2 an hour. Allowing plenty of time to hit the beach or golf course on a Saturday Morning!