San Clemente Realtor Mark Paulson, Area Market Report 5/20/2012
This weeks market report for San Clemente and surrounding areas from a San Clemente Realtor shows that Orange County Median Prices for the resale homes were down 2.1 percent, for new homes it is up 16.9 percent and for resale condos down 3.0 percent. The sales volume is up for resale homes 22.9 percent and up 15.0 percent on condos and down 25.6 percent for new homes.
- Mission Viejo Zip Code 92691 sales prices are down 10.7 percent and the sales volume is up 35.1 percent.
- Mission Viejo Zip Code 92692 sales prices are up 1.7 percent and the sales volume is up 44.0 percent.
- Aliso Viejo sales prices are down 13.8 percent and the sales volume is up 37.9 percent.
- Laguna Niguel sales prices are down 4.5 percent and the sales volume is up 23.1 percent.
- Rancho Santa Margarita sales prices are up 2.2 percent and the sales volume is up 27.6 percent.
- San Clemente Zip Code 92672 sales prices are up 8.9 percent and the sales volume is up 5.4 percent.
- San Clemente Zip Code 92673 sales prices are down 1.3 percent and the sales volume is up 133.3 percent.
The numbers difficult to understand look ant the two zip codes in Mission Viejo and San Clemente. Sales up and prices up in one not the other. I still believe the turn in the market is here. The down swing in the Median Sales Price continues in just over about 1/2 of these zip codes. But look at San Clemente 92673 sales up 133.3 percent and both zip codes in Mission Viejo showing big increases.