Discoverability of Video Content
We've previously discussed the four ways that real estate video content can be discovered online using the YouTube model. What is important is how are customers going to find the property that YOU have for sale. Our beta refresh functionality looks to break out of the limitations of that model by offering the following methods of discovering media content:
- Discoverability of your video based on social interactions
- Discoveribility of your video by interested partners within organizational groups such as blogging networks or members of a given organization
- Discoverability of your property video by prospective buyers by way of pre-negotiated syndication agreements with real estate portals
- Discoverability of video content produced by others that meets criteria that you have established
- Discoverability by local or international buyers that speak different languages
"Social" in the context above means more than simply copying features from Facebook or some other social network. We are using "social" as a capability rather than as a destination because people are growing weary of joining yet another social network.
New Functionality Related To Discoverability
What are the last pieces of functionality are we unveiling next week? Basically, innovative extensions to the concept of a personal media catalog. The initial beta level functionality of our personal media catalog only let you modify information about the video icon and instantly make video widgets. The next version includes:
- An innovative social feature that negates the need to know HTML or "cut and paste" in order to share videos: This isn't just ripoff of Facebook. It's a really easy way to share rich media content with friends, family, and customers. Just click and send..it cant get much easier. The recipient can review the video before accepting it and also do anything with the video that is available from the menus in the personal video catalog. Most interestingly, the original uploader or content producer will be able to see how far the content as been shared among friends. Knowing that a video is viral is one thing...being able to track the viral "spread" is something new.
- A video syndication feature that lets you easily send your property content externally to where prospective buyers are: If you have filmed and uploaded a quality property video to YouTube or another site, there curently isn't a way to bring it to the attention of listing sites and have them integrate your video into their site. We have signed video syndication agreements with a number of real estate listing sites that will higlight your property video to prospective buyers and international investors looking for properties to buy. It's as easy as checking a checkbox and if your property video meets a very simple set of criteria that our partners require, we'll make it possible to almost instantly syndicate your property video to them without any further uploading.
- A Partner feature that lets customers watch content from other rich media content providers that want to partner with Vidlisting: We recognize that we are not the only content producers making quality rich media content for users. While at the NAR Annual Convention in Las Vegas, a surprising number of otherwise competing property video providers asked about how they could make their cntent available on our system. We've just finished that functionality. Here are the high points for interested potential partners:
- Partner content stays where it is; no uploading to our system is required for partners
- All partner content retains the original branding
- Partner content can be any online rich media format (videos or virtual tours) that does not require visitors to install any special plugin.
- Partner content will be searchable via a partner interface and customers can manage it within their own personal video catalog. They can even make widgets or send it to friends just like any vidlisting video in their catalog.
- Partners can opt to syndicate video based content via our infrastructure
Quickly Moving Out Of Beta
On a related note, beta has become almost a permanent tag these days. I really dislike placing a dependence on software that is labelled as "beta". If the owners of the company aren't confident enough to call functionality done after a few weeks and sometimes a year or more, why should I place my own confidence in it?
In the spirit of canning the beta tag, we expect to unveil the last pieces of our real estate video infrastructure within the next few days and have the beta tag off of everything in about 10 days after that (barring unforeseen issues). Really not beta.....but live functionality.
Our goal is to maximize the exposure for customers that produce or pay others to produce rich media content to sell their properties. Contact me with any questions at email@example.com.
Hi! I Am A Real Estate Video And Feeling A Bit Socially Inept
Adding A Bit Of Your Own Marketing Boost To Real Estate Videos
A Few Tips And Techniques To Make Great Property Videos On The Cheap
Understanding The Value Equation In Virtual Tours And Video Tours
How To Add Real SEO Juice To Your Real Estate Videos Using Embedded Transcripts
How To Add Services Like Professional Narration and Transcript Generation To A Real Estate Video