FIVE Things to FIX Before you LIST Your Home!!
Make a Great 1st Impression, Check the Roof, Clear the Cutter, Patch the Nail Holes, Remove the Smells. These are some great tips from Michael J. Perry of Keller Williams Realty - Lancaster, PA.
Patricia "Patty" Mortara | Hunterdon Realty Group
Office: 908.782.0095 | Mobile/Direct: 908.349.0095
In this market, buyers have plenty of inventory to choose from. Don’t scare them away from your home by not fixing these things before you list. Your goal is to make showings a pleasant experience and your home feel inviting.
1. Make A Great First Impression - A new coat of paint on the front door and no squeaky hinges. Weed flower beds and plant some brightly colored flowers in the flowerbeds. Mow the yard weekly.
2. Check Up On The Roof - make sure there are no missing or mossy shingles, this signals neglect to potential buyers.
3. Clear The Clutter - The buyers need to see your countertops, not your bills, dirty dishes, or souvenirs. Remove your oodles of family pictures and go for the less is more look. Ask your Realtor if they think staging is needed.
4. Patch Nail Holes And Paint - Don’t just paint that spot, paint the whole wall, a fresh coat of paint can revitalize your rooms, go with neutral colors.
5. No Smoking And No Cats - Nothing scares potential buyers away faster than a foul smelling home. Clean the litterbox daily or have your cat stay elsewhere. No more smoking inside of the house. Scented candles won’t fix these smells! You may need to use a Kilz stain blocker to paint the walls if they are stained.
Michael J. Perry
Keller Williams Realty Lancaster
1630 Manheim Pike Lancaster, PA 17601