We have builders constantly asking us to come to our meetings so they can let our agents know what they have in their inventory, projects coming up and incentives offered. Most of them bring breakfast and a few bring door prizes. They really know how to win the agents over. Free food and prizes! Recently we had one of the reps come out and not only provide all of the above, but gave us a list of questions that agents and/ or potential purchasers should ask a builder if they are considering new construction. I thouhgt it was a great list of questions and he said it was ok to share with people so I thought I'd do just that. There are a lot of questions so I'm splitting them up and will post the remaining ones tomorrow. Hope they can help you or one of your clients.
The Right Questions to Ask at a New Construction Site
1. May I register my client and get a copy?
2. Would you please show us the home site we are interested in?
3. Can you locate the drainage basins, electrical boxes, sidewalks and any special easements?
4. My client would like to know the difference in the model between included Builder features and options. Would you walk the model with us and demonstrate this?
5. Do you have a list of all available options?
6. Do you have an included features list or specifications for the construction of the homes?
7. My client prefers the “X Model” floor plan. May we have a list of options specific to that plan?
8. What is your current delivery date(s) available for a to be built?
9. May we take a look at the Agreement of Sale, Endorsements and HOA docs ahead of time?
10. What does your warranty cover in the first year? Second year? Beyond the second year?
11. Do you accept any modifications to the Agreement of Sale? Do you have any approved contingency language or standard contingencies?
12. What is included in your standard landscaping package? Does it vary by model? Seed or sod?