This exquisite wine country home, featured on the front cover and centerfold of an Oregonian Edition of “Homes & Gardens of the Northwest” is now available for purchase. Proudly represented by The Gardner Team. For more information about this beautiful gated Sherwood luxury home or to inquire about scheduling a personal showing, contact Jason and Amber Gardner of The Hasson Company at 971-832-1234.
2,700 + Square Feet | 3 Bedrooms | 2 Full and 2 Half Baths | Oversize 3 Car Garage | 4 Car Shop | Office | 0.92 Acre
A glimpse into the 2006 special Homes & Gardens feature by Bridget A. Otto ~ The Oregonian
An open and airy addition brings great finish to a mature wine-country house.
The minute the current owners stepped into this once quaint farm house that overlooks Hawks View Vineyard and Chateau Lebeau, with glorious views of the north and east including the snowcapped Mount St. Helens and Mount Adams in the distance, they had a vision to expand and create a charming wine-country dream.
Abundant in beauty, this gem offers the perfect balance of nature and vision in the wine country creating a full-body experience that combines all the important elements that define the perfect place to call home… A highly sought after and desirable location with beautiful vineyard and territory views that dot the countryside. Only minutes to downtown Sherwood offering close proximity to modern conveniences. Just 20 minutes to downtown Portland, along with easy access to the surrounding areas and all the adventures the Northwest has to offer.
The home boasts an innate sense of style and architectural design as natural textures inspired by the nature-scape fuse. Windows run from floor to ceiling. Symmetrical built-ins stand at right angles to the fireplace, rooms flow together and nothing distracts from the view. The floors flow in warm tones as colorful slate tiles define the space from the entry to the living room covered in Eucalyptus hardwoods that compliment a focal point of built-ins framing a fireplace with tile surround. Stylized touches such as three-panel doors with transom windows and Anderson French doors add to the sophistication.
Adding size to the home, they razed the detached two-car garage and added 1,500 square feet to the house, creating a new gabled entryway, living/dining room and master bedroom suite. An oversize 3 car garage was positioned on the opposite side of the house and attached to the original house through a laundry/mud room.
The gabled entryway begins with three slate-covered steps that lead from the driveway to the glass front door. Once inside, the slate (in colors from sand to charcoal) create a wide, long entry running from the front of the house to the double French doors of the master suite in the back of the house.
To the left of the 8×27 foot entry is the original house. To the right, the new living/dining room gleaming in hardwoods and sunlight. A handsome butlers pantry is complimented by the slate floors, cherry cabinetry, a black granite countertop and slate backsplash sits midway down the entryway on the left, leading to the beautiful kitchen where the same slate and granite repeat against brown maple hardwood floors, custom maple cabinetry and vineyard theme accents blending harmoniously. A pass-through above the range allows the cook to see into the lovely living room – creating a seamless connection between the kitchen and living-room space.
The living room’s open floor plan is accentuated by colorful slate tiles that define the space from the entry to the living room, where the floor is covered in the warm tones of Eucalyptus hardwood in colors running from reddish to strawberry blond which looks a lot like cherry, but is made from Eucalyptus.
Accentuating the space, recessed lighting is tucked into the cove ceiling molding, providing a soft, pinstriped glow around the room. The fireplace, flanked by white built-ins straight out of a home decor magazine is anchored by dark wood cabinets on either side pulling the rich selection of woods together in the room — creating a natural experience that frames the bigger picture… the commanding picturesque views of the wine-country beyond the walls of windows and French doors. Steps away, the cozy family room with surround sound is warmed by the original wraparound brick fireplace, now covered in stack-stone slate brick with slab granite hearth that goes from the family room to behind the kitchen area which also features a breakfast nook nestled in a sunny corner.
The master suite, thoughtfully positioned to take in the view of the vineyards, and mountain’s beckons you. Plush Couture carpeting by Shaw in the master wing, with slab limestone counters with earth-tone porcelain tiles covering the floor, tub surround and walk-in shower evoke pure luxury in the bathroom as daylight pours in through the large skylight adding to the long list of amenities.
Home and Land Features Include
- Front page and centerfold home in Oregonian 2006 Homes & Gardens of the Northwest
- Rated among the year’s top 10 features
- .93 Acres
- One level home
- All new plumbing/wiring/lighting/windows/sheet rock in 2002-2003
- Underground utility routing to house
- New well and drain fields in 1999
- Home over 2,700 square foot one level
- Three bedrooms/two full and two half baths
- Butlers pantry and wet bar
- Refrigerated wine storage area
- Bosch and Kenmore appliances
- Natural gas cook-top
- Hardwood Flooring: Eucalyptus in living room/brown maple in kitchen
- Custom Cabinetry: Maple in kitchen/cherry in wet-bar, living and dining room
- Artistic ceiling cove molding with indirect lighting accent in living room
- Abundant in indirect and under-mount, can and sconce lighting inside and out
- Extensive use of 3-way and dimmer controls for inside/outside lighting circuits
- Exterior landscape lighting accents – automatic and manual controlled
- Anderson doors with Transom door lighting and ebony oil rubbed bronze hardware
- Hunter Douglass blinds
- High efficiency forced air natural gas furnace
- Central Air Conditioning
- High speed internet
- Tankless Natural Gas hot water system
- 9′ Ceilings in living/dining/master bedroom/master bath
- 2 wood burning fireplaces – now with Natural Gas log sets
- Surround Sound in family room with 4 zone sound system throughout the house & outside porch areas.
- 1200+ square feet of covered cedar deck with porch, copper spindle railing and skylights
- Cedar Siding
- 30 Year roofing
- Extensive wrap-around hardscape
- Natural Gas firepit
- Fountain/Bubbler water feature
- 9 Zone automatic sprinkler system for landscape
- Automatic gate system
- Hot and cold water faucet service outside garage
- High efficiency TempStar furnace
- Oversize 850+ square foot finished three car garage with openers
- Extensive landscaping with ornamental grasses, lavenders and perennials designed to complement vineyard views
- Built in 2004
- 1352 Square Feet
- 10′ Ceilings completely finished with expoxy flooring with 10 year warranty
- Phone land-line and cable TV service in shop
- Natural Gas heat
- Integrated pneumatic air system and extensive lighting/electrical layout
- 110 & 220 Service
- Wired for garage door openers
- Alarm System