Hula Dancers, Food, Shows, Entertainment!
For all you folks who are coming for the Hawaii Chapter: CRS Sellabration at the Hilton Hawaiian Village from January 28-30, 2008 I have been working on this Guide to Oahu that Sharon Simms (Who is not only attending the CRS Sellabration but having a CLHMS class on January 24 and 25 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village too!) suggested that I put together an "ActiveRain Guide to Oahu) for all the attendees who want to do extra curricular activities on the side too.
There is way too much information to put in one post so I have done a three part series and I hope all of you attending (even for those of you who just may want info for that later vacation) will find the information beneficial:
ActiveRain Guide to Oahu: Points of Interest (Part I) The following Guides for Oahu, Hawaii should prove helpful for activities, scenic areas, dining and points of interest for the visitor. In Part I
ActiveRain Guide to Oahu: Points of Interest (Part II) covers the sightseeing part of Oahu which will definitely be the "in thing" to do for the avid nature, scenery and picture taking lover! I chose the sightseeing trip to go around the North Shore just for the fact that most of you have heard about the famous surfing spots on the North Shore and around the time you are coming there will be winter waves breaking on the north side of our island.
Everyone knows about our tourist industry and Waikiki is famous for picture perfect postcards with Diamond Head in the background. (In the show below the first picture of the sailing has Diamond Head in the background) Waikiki Beach, the Honolulu Zoo, the Waikiki Aquarium and Diamond Head Crater are all around the same vicinity and The Bus (click for info) system here is great to travel around from site to site.
Some Points of Entertainment:
- The Star of Honolulu has many different DINNER SHOW PACKAGES to pick from. So, remember, you don't have to be a tourist to go out and enjoy the finer things while in Hawaii!
- Hawaii's Whale Watching Tours (In spiritual Hawaiian custom the Whales are the essense of the ocean) and Swim with the Dolphins (Sea Life Park)
- Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park! Now this is a place to go for the whole family. (provided you love to get wet!) 25 acres of speed and shotgun slides, the Cliffhanger, Water playground, Keiki (children's) cove, picnics, and more! Just make reservations and they will do all the planning and coordinating for you! All you have to do is show up and have fun! There are also volleyball courts, lawn games, dunk tank, horse shoe pits, private pavilions for you and your family. Weddings? No problem!
- Aloha Stadium Swap Meet and the Pearlridge Kam Swap Meet are great places for outdoor shopping for souvenirs, clothing, polynesian style crafts and much more. Way cheaper than buying in Waikiki that's for sure! Open on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Food? Check out the food sites here!
- RESTAURANT'S CYBERGUIDE is a full on guide of all restaurants on all islands in Hawaii that were recognized and most of them received awards. So, with all the information I have given you all week you can add this one to it. You can add this article to your list for planning your trip (or relocating) to Hawaii along with the foods you're going to try as soon as you get here!
- LOCAL KINE RECIPES has an abundance of receipes you may want to try before you even get here!
A Couple of MY Favorites:
ALAN WONG'S RESTAURANT
1857 South King Street, 3rd Floor
Honolulu, HI 96826
(Honolulu / McCully Area)
Tel. (808) 949-2526
Famous local chef - one of the originators of Hawaii Regional cuisine. National multi-award winning restaurant. Local awards include: 1997, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006 & 2007 Hale Aina Award for "Restaurant of the Year"; 2003, 2004, 2005 & 2006 Ilima Award.
- Zippy's Restaurants 24 Locations around Oahu. A variety of food to choose from and reasonably priced.
- Loco Moco Drive Ins Five to Seven Dollars for a plate lunch that will feed you twice!
- Tasty or Yummy Korean BBQ Ribs, Chicken, Beef, Fish plate lunches with your choice of vegies
- Big City Diners American and Local style breakfast, lunch or dinners.
- Sizzlers Restaurants .....A friend of ours :) Steaks, seafoood and salad bar! Reasonably priced!
Any Questions? Give me a call!!! I'll be happy to answer any questions!