SHORT SALES are one of the most asked about topics. The problem starts that there are no one set of rules or regulations that can guide you through one. Here in the Manchester NH as most other areas, there are Home Owners getting Foreclosed on because the may have chosen the "wrong" agent to handle the sale. Buyers are affected as their purchase is rejected.
There are some comments fresh in my mind, that I hear mor ethan any other and that is "I wish I would have known".
THE WRONG WAY
1. Listing your home with an agent that is Out of State
2. Listing your home because of a Flashy AD you saw on TV or in the paper.
3. Listing your Home with an agent who is "in-experienced" with Listing, negiotiating and Selling Short Sales.
4. Listing your home with an agent who will "Under Price" it to attract more buyers.
5. Listing your home with with a big name company becuase your perceive bigger to be better.
THE RIGHT WAY
1. Know what is the TRUTH and what is a MYTH
a. The bank is not the seller in a short sale - the home owner is the seller.
b. The listing agent works for the home owner - not the bank.
c. The bank does not set a list price - the listing agent does.
d. The home owner accepts the offer - their bank must then approve the sale
2. List your Home with a LOCAL agent who is well experienced in your area.
3. Experience with short sales is more important than flashy TV or Newspaper ads. Choose an agnet who not only specilaizes in List Short Sales, but who will guide you through the process and get your sale approved and sold.
4. You should not be the Trial and error part of the learning curve where a new agent gets their experience in the world of short sales at your expense.
5. Your home should be priced at or just below market value. Homes priced much below market value can doom your short sale before it starts as banks usually will not approve short sales with such low prices. Listing or trying to sell too low could lead to a rejection of your sale.
IN CONCLUSION If you owe more than your house is worth, if you are behind in your payments or if you have to move. A Short Sale could be for you. The most important tips is to list with an agent who is well experienced in listing, negotiating and selling Short Sales. If you live in NH, call me first. I use a professional negotiator that works on the sellers behalf when negiotiating with the bank at no cost to you. Most often the home owner can complete a short sale at no cost to them.
Tomorrow we will Blog on Short Sale MYTHS you will want to read.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
* WE NEED HOMES TO SELL!!!! IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SELLING YOUR HOME? NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!
* WE OFFER A FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to let you know what your home is worth in Today's Market.
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale whcih may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees. WE GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home.
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR BUYING A HOME
PLEASE SEE MY "TOP" TIPS FOR SELLING A HOME
ONE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE'S LEADING AGENTS FOR SHORT SALES AND BANK OWNED HOMES...
If you are Looking for a Real Estate Agent you have come to the right place. Scott Godzyk is a Full Time and Local agent ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying or selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you owe more than your house is worth, If you are behind in your payments, I may be able to help. Call me to find out how you may be able to sell your home at no additional cost to you.
Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of The Godzyk Real Estate Services located in Manchester NH. With 25 years of Real Estate experience Scott specializes in Listing and Selling Bank Owned Homes, Short Ssles, Residential Properties, Condominiums, New Construction and Investment Properties. Scott services the counties of Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham and Belknap. To contact Scott Godzyk please call 603-661-2121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. his website is www.ScottSellsNH.com.