WE'RE NOT THE WILD WEST ANYMORE!
We have a rich history with stories of Wild Bill Hickock and Calamity Jane, Deadwod and the 1776 Gold rush, Crazy Horse and General Custer - Just watch "Deadwood" on HBO. The Presidents on Mount Rushmore watch over the Black Hills welcoming tourists from around the world.
The people of South Dakota are hard working, dedicated, and loyal - all qualities employers love to see. That is but one reason so many financial, medical, and industrial companies are making South Dakota "Home".
We are consistently bucking the downward real estate trends seen nationwide. As parts of the nation are seeing spiralling prices, South Dakota continues to enjoy modest and continual appreciation rates between 3 - 5% per year.
SIOUX FALLS leads the state in economic stabiltiy with a thriving business environment and growing economy. We have seen record years for new and existing home sales for the past few years. Its population has grown in excess of 20,000 since 2005 to just over 150,000 today.
WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE?
Sioux Falls enjoys a good standard of living with an affordable cost of living. We have been touted as the city with the "Safest Drivers in America" (2006, 2007) by AllState, have a low crime rate, and celebrate the rich cultural diversity found here.
In addition, the following are a few of the economic factors which have impacted our growth recently:
- $400 Million donation by billionaire T. Denny Sanford (founder of First Premier Bank and Bankcard Center) to expand Sioux Valley Health (Now Sanford Medical). Expansion to include a Children's Hospital and medical research facility. It is also home to one of the nation's best Cancer and Heart Centers.
- AVERA McKENNAN HEALTH SYSTEMS has also been the recipient of philanthropic donations which will allow it to expand its facilities and services.
- South Dakota has no personal state income tax or Corporate income or captal gains tax which makes it an attractive place to start or relocate your business.
- Voted #1 by FORTUNE magazine as the "Best State for Small Business" based on taxes and regulatory climate.
- Home to several financial institutions - CITI BANK, HOUSEHOLD BANK, WELLS FARGO, AND FIRST PREMIER BANK and others.
- Host to minor league sports teams - STORM ARENA FOOTBALL, SKYFORCE BASKETBALL, AND SPITFIRE SOCCER.
South Dakota has also been discovered by Hollywood and featured in several box office hits. Most recently seen in National Treasure: Book of Secrets. The following films and/or television shows have been filmed in whole or in part in South Dakota.
Cops (1989 TV series)
Dances with Wolves (1990)
Gunsmoke (1955 TV series)
Head of State (2003)
Mercury Rising (1998)
North by Northwest (1959)
Powwow Highway (1989)
Son of the Morning Star (1991 TV movie)
Starship Troopers (1997)
The Manitou (1978)
Wyatt Earp (1994)
SIOUX FALLS was named MONEY magazine's "#1 Small City in America" (1992) and continues to rank in top 100. After that recognition we saw a marked increase in people transferring from the crowded, over-taxed, and mean streets of the cities to our up and coming Little City. WHAT A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE!
If you are looking to keep more for yourself and see your property values increase, Sioux Falls, South Dakota may just be the place to make that happen. Call me - I'd be glad to show you around or drop me a line at email@example.com.