I will be presenting motivational messages from time to time to my agents in our Tuesday morning office meetings.
I ran across John Maxwell's Five Steps to success (He may call it something different). I will be sharing this with my agents this week:
1. Develop & Follow Priorities; So often, we get side tracked with activities that do not match up with our goals or where we truly want to be. First we must decide what our priorities are & then, simply follow them.
2. Make a disciplined lifestyle your goal; Utilizing Systems and routines can save so much time, help keep us focused, relax our memory a little and establish long-term results and habits.
3. Challenge Excuses; Why are we NOT doing something we have so often thought of? Ask the question & dive in!
4. Remove rewards until the job is done; Do we really deserve to be buying that new car, suite or eating out tonight? Did we really earn the reward from our actions and results today? Set goals, establish rewards for meeting them & wait until they're met before receiving the reward. Make baby steps. There's nothing wrong with little rewards, such as that Latte' or candy bar or a massage...
5. Stay focused on results; read #1 again & remember Steven covey's habits "Begin with the end in mind"... What are the results we want? Tailor your daily activities toward reaching those results!
Make 2008 a fabulous year by establishing new habits, new daily actions, new disciplines and watch your dreams come to reality sooner than you think! What are you waiting for?
6. Buy Idaho Real Estate as an investment this year! ;) (I had to add it, thanks!)
Don Wixom RE/MAX Advantage Nampa Idaho