Top 10 Tips for Making Your Bathroom Shine On The North Shore Of Long Island
Before you put your North Shore Of Long Island Home For Sale, have you taken a good look at your bathroom lately?
Larry And Sheila Realtors think it may be a good time to take another look at your bathroom as this is the busiest place in your house that potential buyers are going to visit and deserves extra attention. No matter how your bathroom looks on a day-to-day basis, when you are trying to sell your house, the bathrooms should be spotless. An organized bathroom that presents itself as clean and decluttered, will be more appealing to buyers.
1. Clean, Clean, Clean ~ No matter how clean you think your bathroom is, look again and keep it sparkling clean.
2. Declutter ~ Put away any personal items like shampoo, hair brushes and don't forget the dirty towels.
3. Lights On ~ If bulbs are missing or dirty looking, replace them.
4. Get Paint Brushes Ready ~ Painting is an easy fix to refresh a dull looking bathroom and has a big impact on the way it presents itself.
5. Bathroom Carpet A NO NO ~ If the bathroom is fully carpeted, remove it NOW. We have never shown a house on The North Shore Of Long Island where the buyers "liked" carpet in the bathroom, and they will only have negative thoughts on how dirty the bathroom is as carpets hold onto moisture and odors.
6. Scrub That Mold Away ~ Clean mold and dirt from tiles and shower doors and behind the shower curtain. Buyers are going to look.
7. Replace That Chipped Sink ~ A buyer will notice cracked or chipped sinks and their reaction will always be negative. It's easier just to replace an older sink and even a vanity too than to have a buyer consider the house less valuable.
8. Old Shower Curtain Be Gone ~ Replace a worn old looking shower curtain with an inexpensive new one. It does make a difference!
9. Leaky Faucets ~ Get those little annoying leaks fixed. Buyers will notice this and it may bring up negative concerns about the rest of the house.
10. Mirror Mirror On The Wall ~ It might be a good time to replace the old medicine cabinet with a new decorative mirror that reflects light and makes the bathroom look larger.
Photos graciously courtesy of Elite Staging & Redesign