Taking A Vacation In Santa Fe... Everyday
This is an entry for thePositive Attitude for the Weary Soul Group Contest! | Fun in the Sun While the Business Still Runs!Join in on the Challenge!
The reason I migrated to Santa Fe, New Mexico nearly twenty years ago was because I followed my vacation. Prior to then, I had been visiting Santa Fe several times a year for a mental and physical break from my work behind the camera on location creating advertising campaigns for global companies and living on Capitol Hill in Washington DC. I discovered I wanted to feel the same way I felt in Santa Fe ALL the time. The best want to make that happen was to move here.
My lifestyle change was all about moving to my vacation destination. Santa Fe has nearly 365 days of sunshine, extraordinary clean air to breathe and a community rich in 402 years of history, art and culture. In some ways, I am on vacation here everyday.
Of course, when you add working in this new landscape of real estate to anyone’s life, it is imperative to take a break to bring balance to what else is important in your life. Fortunately and unfortunately, technology has given us both the tools to be remote (present but not present) and at the same time makes us tethered to the demands of customers and clients. We have to learn to make choices. Here is how I practice a more balancing life in practicing real estate in Santa Fe:
- I use new technologies such as iphone and ipad, social networking and blogging to be free of a stationary screen on a desktop;
- I partner with an experienced Realtor who has a positive attitude on life in spite of real estate’s bizarre experiences, loves to laugh and let go and demands we eat lunch no matter what every day;
- I focus my work life by helping customers who are decisive, positive, respectful and happy, in other words, I select for positive business relationships online and offline;
- I take a daily “imagination break” every day to do something for the first time, such as discovering yet another new way home, to one of our listings or anywhere I'm going;
- I spend an hour a day making images even if it is still dark outside or inside.
I rarely ever leave Santa Fe or New Mexico now. Family and friends will visit. Why? Because I live in Santa Fe. In between, I have fun in the sun(shine) everyday and thanks to these amazing communicative technology tools, I could be sitting under a tree looking up at the endless blue sky and talking or writing to you. Thank you for reading. If you need a “vacation in the sun” in any of our four seasons put Santa Fe on your destination map.
Who knows you might just end up living here too.
The Santa Fe real estate market is a local one. Real estate news reports and trends in other communities does not apply here. Search all current properties here with a fast and easy list or map search. If you are thinking about selling your home or considering a lifestyle change in relocating to Santa Fe, I suggest you give me a call at 505-660-4541 to schedule a real estate consultation. No one has time or money to waste in this new landscape of real estate. I am available to help you and make a positive difference in your real estate experience. Remember, dreams can be made a reality when you act on them. Emily Medvec
Today, I work with buyers and represent sellers in all price ranges in Santa Fe and throughout northern New Mexico. My focus is to use my experience, vision and strategies to find you opportunities and solutions. My goal is always to save you time and money whether you are buying or selling any form of Santa Fe real estate, including homes, land, town homes, condominiums, ranches and commercial property.
Emily Medvec Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved 2007-2012