This post is no longer relevant, because ActiveRain made it much easier. If you want your face to appear in the Google search results- just edit your ActiveRain profile and add a link to your Google+ page. That's it. No need to read or watch the video.
That's right folks. Imagine somebody searching for a realtor, and all of those boring results come up, but one of your ActiveRain posts shows up-- oh, I don't know-- in the 6th position... But! It has your face. The searchers eyes are drawn right to it.
I'm going to make it really simple and step by step. If you don't feel like doing it, make your kid do it. It's that easy!
1. Make a Google+ Account here. Add your picture, it will be what shows up in the search results. (There is another way to show a picture, but no reason to convolute the issue.)
2. Under the section labed "Contributor To"-- paste the address of your AR Blog. I just have the Rainmaker blog here, so you'll paste something like this: http://activerain.com/blogs/azmortgagelady into your contributor area.
3. Copy the following code. All of it... And paste it into a plain text editor.
<li><a href="https://plus.google.com/106312969465064215" title="Add Michael George in your circle" rel="me" target="_blank" >Google+</a></li>
<!--- stop copying here. Paste all this into Notepad and change out the obvious stuff...like my name and the link to my Google profile. Then ------->
4. In ActiveRain, go here: http://activerain.com/action/agents_secure/settings
Copy the code from above, that you pasted into Notepad, and paste it again on top of your other stuff in Blog Description.
5. Now, to make sure you did it correctly, go to Google's tool here.
Paste in the URL to an Active Rain blog post that you have written, and you should see this! Which will insure that you did it all correctly!
If you need help, just ask.