I am known by my friends and colleagues as a real clothes horse. My fashion philosophy is to dress in a way that expresses my creativity and my mood on a particular day, and makes me feel confident. I spend a lot of time putting my outfits together, until I feel completely at ease in my clothes, and the accessories I pair them with, to make me look and feel my best.
It is a bit like staging, which is one of the favorite parts of my job as a REALTOR. I have a lot of fun using my creativity to help sellers prepare their property to go on the market and enhance the best features of their home.
I love to be stylishly and elegantly dressed, and I love to shop! And I shop exclusively in Marin’s classy boutiques for three reasons: first, I like to support our locally owned small businesses, I like to support women in business–and these boutiques are all owned and managed by women–and I love to wear unique pieces that I cannot find at Nordstrom.
Back in November, I had written an article about The Secret of Dressing Like a French Woman in which I had listed my favorite Marin County boutiques.
Some have unfortunately closed since then, and I have discovered new favorite ones. So here is my updated list of favorite spots to find my treasures in Marin County:
- Lindissima – in Greenbrae’s Bon Air Center
- Sandbox – in Greenbrae’s Bon Air Center
- Blanc – carries many great imported labels, downtown San Anselmo
- Collage – downtown San Anselmo
- Ma Petite Folie – downtown San Anselmo
- M Clothing – Old Corte Madera Square
- Par Excellence – Town Center, Corte Madera
- Gala – downtown Larkspur
- Nicolette Boutique – downtown Larkspur
- Embodies – Ecofiiendly boutique carrying stylish organic clothing – upper Magnolia, Larkspur
- Carolina Boutique - downtown Mill Valley
- Paparazzi - downtown Tiburon
So, if you need to update your spring wardrobe, please support these local shops and make sure to tell them I sent you!