I see other "beginner" Twitter guides and they're not simple. So I came up with simple. (If you want complicated, you've come to the wrong place)...
7 Ways to Get People to Follow You on Twitter (simple version):
1. Follow them first.
2. Retweet something of theirs.
3. Compliment them on their bio or respond to something you've read that they've tweeted.
4. Shout them out in a tweet on Follow Friday (include the hashtag #FF and their twitter name).
5. Tweet a link to an article that might interest them and carbon copy their name (ex. cc @blogboy2).
6. Create your own blog content, make it great and tweet links to it.
7. Be yourself.
You might also be interested in: