Bring on the summer heat .....And soak, splash and slide in the cool water.
Don't have to spend time flying or driving around this summer...Northern Virginia has 6 great local water parks that will keep everyone happy and biggest thing kids won't say "I am bored".
1. Atlantis Water park: You don't have to fly to Bahamas for this fun filled park. Located in Fairfax county, Centreville Virginia. The park offers fun activities for all ages including my favorite big bucket with 1000 gallons of water drop.
Address: 7700 Bull Run Drive Centreville, VA
2. Great Waves Waterpark: Located in heart of Alexandria, Virginia. Big and fast slides to body surfing in wave pool plus a separate section for the little munchies to have hours of fun in the water.
Address: 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, VA
3. Volcano Water Park: Loudoun County resident don't have to travel too far fun is right in the backyard. Volcano Island water park has twin 140 feet long slide plus shallow pool with plenty of activities to spend in summer.
Address:47701 Fairway Drive, Sterling, VA
4. Water Mine Family Swimmin' Hole: This is a small and unique park more geared towards younger kids about elementary age group kids. However the park is situated near Lake and other activities that older siblings can enjoy. Located in Fairfax County Reston area.
Address:1400 Lake Fairfax Dr, Reston VA
5. Ida Lee Water Park: Just want to relax...board on a raft and float on 600 ft long lazy river. This fun outdoor section of the Ida Lee park open couple years back and it has been a big attraction for not just Loudoun resident but in and around Northern Virginia.
Address: 60 Ida Lee Drive Northwest Leesburg, VA
6. Splash Down Water Park: Few minutes from historic Manassas this park offers what you don't want to drive far for...a beach in the city!!Splash Down has been the most attractive water park for years in our family. It is a largest of all the water parks in the area. From lazy river, twister slides to cannon ball slides....it will be fun filled afternoon.
Address:7500 Ben Lomond Park Drive, Manassas
Local Insider tip: To avoid standing in lines to purchase tickets now you can purchase a summer pass or individual park tickets for your family at NVRP site. It is not only cheaper but you can purchase multiple access entrance pass and enjoy access to so many parks in the Northern Virginia area.