Thanks Michael for providing invaluable information to excel in our Real Estate Community. Visibility is critical for sellers and buyers to reach us today.
This Active Rain community spreads content throughout the world that keeps us in the forefront. Appreciate the share.
That's right folks. Imagine somebody searching for a realtor, and all of those boring results come up, but one of your ActiveRain posts shows up-- oh, I don't know-- in the 6th position... But! It has your face. The searchers eyes are drawn right to it.
I'm going to make it really simple and step by step. If you don't feel like doing it, make your kid do it. It's that easy!
1. Make a Google+ Account here. Add your picture, it will be what shows up in the search results. (There is another way to show a picture, but no reason to convolute the issue.)
2. Under the section labed "Contributor To"-- paste the address of your AR Blog. I just have the Rainmaker blog here, so you'll paste something like this: http://activerain.com/blogs/azmortgagelady into your contributor area.
3. Copy the following code. All of it... And paste it into a plain text editor.
<!---- start copying here -----><p>Author Bio: Michael George earned two bachelors degrees at Oakland University, in Rochester Hills, MI. One in Political Science and one in Management Information Systems. Michael George consults with professionals on their Google marketing efforts.</p><!-- insert your own bio between the <p> tags ---->
<!--- link to your own AR blog ----><a href="http://activerain.com/blogs/azmortgagelady">View all AR Posts By Michael George</a>
<li><a href="http://YourMainWebsiteorBlog.com" title="Read All By Michael George">Blog</a></li>
<li><a href="https://plus.google.com/106312969103074064215" title="Add Michael George in your circle" rel="me" target="_blank" >Google+</a></li>
<!--- stop copying here. Paste all this into Notepad and change out the obvious stuff...like my name and the link to my Google profile. Then ------->
4. In ActiveRain, go here: http://activerain.com/action/agents_secure/settings
Copy the code from above, that you pasted into Notepad, and paste it again on top of your other stuff in Blog Description.
5. Now, to make sure you did it correctly, go to Google's tool here.
Paste in the URL to an Active Rain blog post that you have written, and you should see this! Which will insure that you did it all correctly!
If you need help, just ask.