It's All Your Fault Active Rain!!
Lately I haven't had much time to blog and it's all ActiveRains fault! You see, before I started blogging, I did OK in this real estate biz, but nowhere near where I would like to be. These past few months though have been a challenge for me...so thankfully I didn't take ON one of those daily blogging challenges!
You see...if it weren't for ActiveRain,
* I wouldn't have been pushed to create my first video...which in turn has me now ensconced as a volunteer on two local committees. Yep..the West Linn Farmers Market season is ready to start..so lots to do!
* I wouldn't be as tech savvy. My listing now take MUCH longer to prepare for as I now have added so much. Editing photos, taking video (or hiring professionals),uploading to all the social media sites like Zillow, Trulia, Facebook, Google+..not to mention tweeting,blogging, re-editing. Long gone are the days where a sign, flyer, 16 photos, just listed cards and a home book cut it. I hate to admit this..but yeah, there was a time when I posted pictures just as they were. I had no clue about photo editing sites! Maybe some agents are still just doing only that....but noooooo....because I've learned so much here on ActiveRain, I just can't stop at that.
* I wouldn't be as confident in my listing presentation. Yep..I was just recently up against three very prominent agents in Tualatin. Because I KNOW I can offer the seller some kick butt marketing, my confidence level is much higher. Yep..that tech stuff and all the various great tips learned from everyone on AR really does make a difference....oh.. and I know the neigborhood stats well..why? Because I blog about them!
* I wouldn't be so busy with all the things it takes by switching Brokers and getting all my stuff changed over...Ok..technically It was me and not Active Rain on this one....but, my featured post a while back about the ups and downs of changing offices garnered quite a lot of responses and I would say at least 80% of you said changing was the best thing you've done. So far, so good....but man, lots of hours spent purging my old stuff and re-creating the new.
The funny thing is that because I sent out a card out with a nice letter opener inside letting people know I've made a move, I got a call from a past client wanting to list their house. I'd like to think they would have called me anyway..but timing in this case was good!
* If it weren't for ActiveRain, I wouldn't be getting calls from people that have found me online..thus keeping me pretty darn busy lately! Yeah..it took a while..but It's now happening..YES!!
Now, I'm not complaining or anything...busy is good. I just miss all my AR buddies and blogging!! My hubby said the other day "It's good that you're so busy...maybe you won't waste time blogging" I think the biggest mistake would be to STOP blogging because I am busy!
So really...It's All your Fault Active Rain!!