Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Bill & Liz Spear have some excellent advices for Truckee home sellers when they are going on a vacation. This is a checklist that sellers should follow in order to keep the home selling process going smoothly while they are away.
10 Things NOT To Do When Your Home Is For Sale And You're Going On Vacation!
You're home is on the market, ready for sale. Spiffed up and ready for the sellers at all times. Unfortunately our market isn't the world's fastest, so putting a sign in the yard and launching a full marketing blitz didn't sell it by Day 3. You're coming up on your family's annual vacation and you're not postponing until after the sale. We don't blame you, everyone needs some R&R time and we don't know if the buyer will show up tomorrow or next month, so go, have fun, relax.
1) Say "No showings until we return". Like we said, your buyer might be showing up tomorrow, and if they can't get in they'll buy another home. And who knows how long until Right Buyer #2 may appear.
2) Drop off the grid. Don't go to the Himalayas or somewhere that Kinko's or equivalent doesn't exist. We need to be able to reach you if we get an offer. We don't expect you to answer your phone at all times, but don't go somewhere that your cell phone is in constant "Searching for Service" mode.
3) Set your thermostat to the extremes. Yes, you might save a little money, but you don't want buyers to be uncomfortable when looking at your home.
4) Forget to get your mail held while you're gone. And if you still get the newspaper, either stop delivery or ask a neighbor to collect for you.
5) Order anything from Amazon or the like to be delivered while you're gone unless you've made arrangements with the neighbors. Packages setting on the front steps for days are a signal you're not home.
6) Post about it on Facebook, or Tweet, or Blog, or LinkedIn or ANYTHING that announces to the world that you're going to be gone. Bad guys have access to social media too.
7) Forget that your flowers need watered and your lawn mowed. Hire someone if you need to, but don't let the hard work you've done on curb appeal go downhill while you've got your toes in the sand and a Corona on the table next to the chair.
8) Forget to tell your agent you're leaving town!! We'll probably need to alter the showing instructions so you don't have to approve the showings while you're gone.
9) Forget to take out ALL the trash before you leave. Get the kitchen, the bathrooms, ALL of them. You do not want the first impression of the buyers to be "EWWWWW" because you forgot about the leftover salmon you tossed before leaving. That also means take care of the dirty dishes and dirty laundry before you go. AND don't forget kitty's super atomic deposits in the litter box and Rover's landmines in the back yard.
10) Forget to ask a friend to check the locks after showings. Hate to say this, but sometimes agents aren't as careful as they should be about making sure a home is secure before they leave. Going by and checking post showing is something we've regularly done for clients out of town. Wish it wasn't necessary, but it's good to be cautious.
We could add some more to this list, but you get the drift. Be careful, be available, and leave your home ready for the buyers to fall in love with it!
If you have other questions regarding real estate, please don't hesitate to ask us!
The Liz Spear Team Elizabeth & William Spear RE/MAX Elite: Ask for us by name if you visit the office! Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH Liz direct: 513-265-3004 Bill direct: 513-520-5305 Fax: 866-302-8418
I am a skilled real estate professional in the Truckee and Lake Tahoe California area. I offer a full service and searchable website for all Truckee real estate including vacation homes in Tahoe, Truckee homes and South Lake Tahoe real estate. Contact me anytime for a free listing presentation or to view any Truckee home.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.