Have you visited Memorial Park lately?
According to H Texas Magazine, there are ten reasons Memorial Park, a 1500+ acre city park that is almost double the size of New York City's Central Park, would be an excellent choice for a day trip.
- Great place for a picnic. Spots are available to reserve for larger groups.
- Golf. The course opens at 6:30 AM. The green fees are $30 weekday, $38 weekend. Carts and practice range are extra. Specials for Seniors! Closed on Tuesdays.
- Rollerblading. Enjoy a 1.15 mile paved Picnic Loop that is closed to cars after 3 PM weekdays.
- Cowboy it up! Four miles of equestrian trails are available for your enjoyment.
- Tennis. Eighteen lighted courts that you can reserve a week in advance. Pricing ranges from $4 to $6.
- Bird-watching. The Hogg Bird Sanctuary is right around the corner.
- Bicycling. Biking trails. Off-road biking. You're welcome.
- Inhale. A mature tree produces enough oxygen in a season as 10 people inhale in a year!
- Run Forest Run. A well-lit crushed granite trail runs for 3 miles and is open 24/7.
- Commune with Nature. Refresh and renew in the great outdoors for an excellent stress reducer.