The discussion of what title Real Estate Agents put behind their name is an age old discussion. Some say it is misleading to say Expert and you don't have all the answers - others say and ask are you really a Specialist or are you just saying that because you think it sounds good? I ask - What's in a title?
Does it matter to the potential buyer or seller - if you are titled Expert, Specialist, Guru, Professional or if you have not title anymore than or except "Real Estate Agent"? Does it really matter?
Well let's see: Let's break it down
- Professional: Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practicing professionally is among the main criteria for a professional.
- Expert: Does not mean you are perfect. Its closer to you have excellent knowledge/advice based on your insight into your field.
- Specialist: Do not mean you are perfect: Specialist frequently refers to an expert in a profession
Are you seeing much of a difference in the terms? I mean really - What's in the title?
When selecting a real estate agent to represent you, just make sure they:
- Understand your needs
- Not affaid to explain to you your options and how the real estate transactions work
- They can strategize a plan for you and present it to you and let you decide which option will work best for you or that you feel comfortable with
- They stand-by you and be ready to help you if the need arises (they are able to make the necessary adjustments to keep the transaction moving forward
- Is capable and willing to research on item they may run into that they are the exper ton and point you in the right direction
- That they are honest with you and upfront
If you can get it all (Professional, Expert, Specialist) that and more rolled into a great Professional package -Get it all in your agent(s). When you are ready to rumble and go out and find that dream home or sell your home without the stress of feeling you have chosen someone that does not know the job - contact Professional, Expert and 2 great Specialists (The Mother and Daughter Realty Team)! We work with our clients to be sure we are upfront and thorough in explaining the transaction and answer any questions that are asked.
No one is perfect! There are no guarantees in the real estate profession, but certainly there is such a thing as upfront, honesty, research, follow up and just plain knowledge. Find it in your agent or move to another one!