Want to give blood?
Marshall Community Blood Center could use your help.
Believe it or not the need for blood can be seasonal; I was told that the summer months traditionally has a rise in demand for blood. People are more active and getting hurt in a variety of ways. So maybe now is the time to just try giving blood.
I do my best to get into the Blood Center in Placerville every 57 days. Ever since the first time I’ve given blood, I have gone to the Marshall Community Blood Center. Their main office is on Main Street in Placerville, on Friday’s they have an donation spot in Cameron Park. There are several things that the Marshall Community Blood Center does that I really appreciate.
Why should I give blood at the
Marshall Community Blood Center in Placerville:
- Friendly staff that makes my donation feel worthwhile
- A reminder card sent to my home.
- Reminders call every 57 days letting me know where I can give blood, and the times that the site is open.
- I learn fun facts; like why I can only come in every 57 days, and how one pint of blood can equal 1 pint for 4 people.
- The point system that can earn free stuff. There is an onsite kiosk that can produce dozens of different items: movies, dinners, golf, and much more. And the points add up fast.
- I feel good when I leave, and you can too!
Donations of Blood can be made to Marshall Community Blood Center at
3581 Palmer Dr., Suite 600
Fri., 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
681 Main Street, Suite 211
Wed. & Thurs.,
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Located upstairs in the
(the Old Mid-town Mall)
Web Site: http://www.marshallblood.org/index.html
What blood type are you?